By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What franchise made you buy the Wii?

What franchise made you buy the Wii?

Zelda 44 31.43%

new Super mario 8 5.71%

smash bros 30 21.43%

metroid 11 7.86%

wii series 29 20.71%

other please specify 18 12.86%

Total:140

um...i don't know. all of them i guess. if I had to pick one, it'd be brawl since it works great as a party game.

Around the Network

Trauma Center.

I'm a Nintendo fan, I wanted to play the new Zelda with Wiimote controls and Wii Sports was fun.

ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE!!! Super Mario Galaxy!!! I was going to get my Wii regardless, since I am a Nintendo Fan.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I wanted the Wii well before any games were announced for it. That said, Brawl was the first game that made me check retails for availability.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

The Wii was first console that I really wanted to buy since the SNES mainly because of the motion controls. But now first party tiles like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Metroid are as important as the motion controls for me.

My parents and grandparents bought it for wii fit

i bought it because i always buy nintendo haha. guess i could have bought zelda for gamecube, but wii sports really got my interested.

No one franchise in particular, but Wii Sports made me want to get a Wii long before some of the franchises came out on it (and rather than just getting Zelda:TP on the GameCube).

I picked Zelda as that was the first game I purchased, however, in reality its simply 'Nintendo' that made me buy the Wii, as well as the eventual future home consoles they produce.

Unless of course, Nintendo stops making Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc, etc.