By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance, metascore 47

"In fact, I owe it to Just Dance for being the first game that pushes its audience to consider suicide on an active basis, thanks to leaving three other spots open at all times on every song when playing alone-just to remind you that you are playing alone one of the worst games published and printed. Just to remind you that on New Year's Eve when the three parties you turned down for the one date you'd be on stood you up and left you alone with a bottle of angry medicine and your cat in a living room, there was Just Dance… waiting… watching… basking in its self-satisfaction and the endless hall of graves it had already dug for your self-confidence. And I beat Superman 64."

Ya know its pretty decent when someone goes this far..

Around the Network

What I'd really like to see is for an established writer over at IGN, Gamespot, etc. to investigate and really try to understand why this game has become a commercial success (without resorting to insulting the intelligence of the Wii's owners).

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
Barozi said:
well consumers can buy whatever they like.
But big sales doesn't automatically equal quality.

Personally it's another game, where I hold my head in shame and ask myself what happened to gaming...
sad sad sad

Don't worry though, Ubisoft is coming out with " Just Shoot" , the game will finally do what MW1 and 2 couldnt according to you.

Where did I say MW1 or 2 couldnt do what they were supposed to do?

maybe I read wrong, what was MW1 or 2 suppose to do and just dance did better?

MW is supposed to be shooters with heavy focus on graphics and action and they succeed on that as I said they are 2 of my favorite games, just dance is supposed to be a dance game with focus o fun and it succeeds at that better then MW succeeds to reach their goal.

Maybe because there isnt much competition for just dance and thats why it easier for it to succeed but it does deliver.

that's you though, I know people who only enjoy RPg's which I hate, I know people who love rts games, which I don't get, does that mean I have more fun than them playing Uncharted?

Again, How do you measure how much fun a game provide versus another game?

a game with focus on fun and succeeds at that is more fun then a game that focuses on action, graphics and fun even if you or I dont value that measure as much as others. If you can´t be objective when you look at games and especially games you dont like  then there is no purpose of this discussion.

I have never played the game hence don't know why you say I don't like it. My issue is your idea of fun, Every game is created to be enjoyed, If I don't enjoy the game, It means I don't like it.

There are millions of gamers out there with their sole purpose of gaming is to play Call of Duty online. What about those fans who like to spend 60 hours on a game, doesnt sounds fun to me, but I know for sure they enjoy these games.

Every game is focused on fun, I hope there's more to Just dance that just that idea.

because in those games fun is a small part of the full package and the road to enjoyment while in just dance fun is the purpose of the game and dancing is the tool to get there that is the difference a game that is more fucosed on a fun experience will be more pure fun the a game that focuses on it less and a whole range of other things included in that experience but either game you choose if you like it you will probably enjoy either way. To enjoy a game is not equal to having fun, fun is part of the enjoyment but if a game focuses on the fun part and is done properly like in this case then it will be more fun as a game but thats not to say that you will have more fun with this because you dont seem to like this kind of game (thats the impression you are giving) you will probably have more fun and enjoy some other game (what ever that would be) but if you could step out of your preferences then you could see and measure the ammount of pure fun each game has even if it´s not your kind of game abd in this case you seem to be missing that attribute as a human being.

Well i am off to play some games with my brother, will be back later and continue this with you if you still interested.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

@psrock

I think you misunderstand what vaio is getting at. Imagine Teenage Tom wants a lion for his birthday. He doesn't get a lion he gets a tiger instead. It's not a lion but it's a good substitute. Tom's happy with his tiger. Little Lucy wants a pony and she gets a pony. She would have been happy with a horse but her parents delivered on their promise and Lucy gets exactly what she wanted.

Lucy's parents delivered better than Tom's. Is a pony better than a tiger? Who cares?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
Barozi said:
well consumers can buy whatever they like.
But big sales doesn't automatically equal quality.

Personally it's another game, where I hold my head in shame and ask myself what happened to gaming...
sad sad sad

Don't worry though, Ubisoft is coming out with " Just Shoot" , the game will finally do what MW1 and 2 couldnt according to you.

Where did I say MW1 or 2 couldnt do what they were supposed to do?

maybe I read wrong, what was MW1 or 2 suppose to do and just dance did better?

MW is supposed to be shooters with heavy focus on graphics and action and they succeed on that as I said they are 2 of my favorite games, just dance is supposed to be a dance game with focus o fun and it succeeds at that better then MW succeeds to reach their goal.

Maybe because there isnt much competition for just dance and thats why it easier for it to succeed but it does deliver.

that's you though, I know people who only enjoy RPg's which I hate, I know people who love rts games, which I don't get, does that mean I have more fun than them playing Uncharted?

Again, How do you measure how much fun a game provide versus another game?

a game with focus on fun and succeeds at that is more fun then a game that focuses on action, graphics and fun even if you or I dont value that measure as much as others. If you can´t be objective when you look at games and especially games you dont like  then there is no purpose of this discussion.

I have never played the game hence don't know why you say I don't like it. My issue is your idea of fun, Every game is created to be enjoyed, If I don't enjoy the game, It means I don't like it.

There are millions of gamers out there with their sole purpose of gaming is to play Call of Duty online. What about those fans who like to spend 60 hours on a game, doesnt sounds fun to me, but I know for sure they enjoy these games.

Every game is focused on fun, I hope there's more to Just dance that just that idea.

because in those games fun is a small part of the full package and the road to enjoyment while in just dance fun is the purpose of the game and dancing is the tool to get there that is the difference a game that is more fucosed on a fun experience will be more pure fun the a game that focuses on it less and a whole range of other things included in that experience but either game you choose if you like it you will probably enjoy either way. To enjoy a game is not equal to having fun, fun is part of the enjoyment but if a game focuses on the fun part and is done properly like in this case then it will be more fun as a game but thats not to say that you will have more fun with this because you dont seem to like this kind of game (thats the impression you are giving) you will probably have more fun and enjoy some other game (what ever that would be) but if you could step out of your preferences then you could see and measure the ammount of pure fun each game has even if it´s not your kind of game abd in this case you seem to be missing that attribute as a human being.

Well i am off to play some games with my brother, will be back later and continue this with you if you still interested.

How do you measure fun?

I enjoy Uncharted 2 because: it's well made, great story, looks amazing, plays amazing, funny and I have tons of fun in the multiplayer.

Now, you think I will give more credit to a game that the most you can say about it is it's fun. Dancing is fun period, but what about the game?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
@psrock

I think you misunderstand what vaio is getting at. Imagine Teenage Tom wants a lion for his birthday. He doesn't get a lion he gets a tiger instead. It's not a lion but it's a good substitute. Tom's happy with his tiger. Little Lucy wants a pony and she gets a pony. She would have been happy with a horse but her parents delivered on their promise and Lucy gets exactly what she wanted.

Lucy's parents delivered better than Tom's. Is a pony better than a tiger? Who cares?

What?

I am not a big fan of MW2, but seriously the game is way beyond and has delivered way more than just dance could ever dream of. If you want a better example use The Conduit, that game was advertise has the big shooter, the crazy graphics and great multiplayer which it failed to deliver.

Once again, fun cannot be measured, it vary person to person. Stop bringing it up as excuse for a game badly reviewed but bought by the casual market.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Pyro as Bill said:
@psrock

What?

I am not a big fan of MW2, but seriously the game is way beyond and has delivered way more than just dance could ever dream of. If you want a better example use The Conduit, that game was advertise has the big shooter, the crazy graphics and great multiplayer which it failed to deliver.

Once again, fun cannot be measured, it vary person to person. Stop bringing it up as excuse for a game badly reviewed but bought by the casual market.

For you maybe, for someone who wants a dancing game it doesn't.

I think my niece would tell you that Just Dance has delivered way more than MW2.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

How on Earth did this become about MW2? PSRock, did it personally offend you that it was brought up?

Who cares which 'delivers more', the point of this thread is that people are loving Just Dance and reviewers like IGN were morons for reviewing the game from the perspective of their own values.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Pyro as Bill said:
psrock said:
Pyro as Bill said:
@psrock

What?

For you maybe, for someone who wants a dancing game it doesn't.

I think my niece would tell you that Just Dance has delivered way more than MW2.

I would not expect someone who needs a dancing game to understand the value of MW2.

Next Gen 

Demotruk said:
Critical success != game quality and certainly != commercial success.

Yet there will be so many people come in and post saying this means Wii owners are stupid and don't know what a good game is. Personally I think it means the critics are stupid if they couldn't identify a game that would be well enjoyed. It's not their job to review games for themselves, after all, and if they think it's smart to review games for only a declining segment of the market, well then don't be surprised as their sites continue to decline.

At least they are now just like movie critics, totally out of touch.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs