By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance, metascore 47

Barozi said:
well consumers can buy whatever they like.
But big sales doesn't automatically equal quality.

Personally it's another game, where I hold my head in shame and ask myself what happened to gaming...
sad sad sad

I´ve played this game for hours and hours and I can tell you this is an AAA game it does better what its supposed to do then MW2 or MW1 or bioshock and those are some of my favorite games this gen.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

I think it looks pretty fun to do with some friends. Of course I am a horrible dancer so the laughter would play a huge part. It has the Redex Cotton Eye Joe, so ya know it is full of fun.

vaio said:
Barozi said:

Personally it's another game, where I hold my head in shame and ask myself what happened to gaming...
sad sad sad

I´ve played this game for hours and hours and I can tell you this is an AAA game it does better what its supposed to do then MW2 or MW1 or bioshock and those are some of my favorite games this gen.

Don't worry though, Ubisoft is coming out with " Just Shoot" , the game will finally do what MW1 and 2 couldnt according to you.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
vaio said:
Barozi said:

sad sad sad

Don't worry though, Ubisoft is coming out with " Just Shoot" , the game will finally do what MW1 and 2 couldnt according to you.

Where did I say MW1 or 2 couldnt do what they were supposed to do?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I am sure this game is terrible in single player. The only good thing about this game are the players. So it deserves the score it got.

Around the Network

Eh, it's a decent game. Definitely not the be all, end all, but it's more than a 47; I'd probably give it a 65-70 range with current reviewer scoreskew. But it goes best to show that Metacritic, or critics for gaming in general, are out of touch with what the general populous wants. What is wanted, is something different and FUN. And that's what Just Dance has, and that's why it will continue selling.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Lol, a huge selling game, lol, remids me of carnival games

vaio said:
psrock said:
vaio said:
Barozi said:

sad sad sad

Where did I say MW1 or 2 couldnt do what they were supposed to do?

maybe I read wrong, what was MW1 or 2 suppose to do and just dance did better?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This is why it is a great game. Look how much fun they are having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8ZTvH-VN8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVS7e1m6LI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FSpfqvSJzQ&feature=related

Going by the user reviews on metacritic, there's a massive gap between those who bought something that looked fun and those who insist on a fairly closed-minded metric for rating all games. The latter seem to think games like this are killing gaming which is entertaining but impossible to take seriously. If anything, those who take metacritic as the definitive measure of quality should perhaps reevaluate how they think about game quality.

Is this game more fun in a group than Wii Music? I played that with friends and it wasn't fun for any of us. This looks like it would be fun to play with some girls and wine.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka