By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LMAO if Final Fantasy XIII 360 version out performs the PS3 version

PS3 has almost 2mil sales up its sleeve thanks to Japanese exclusivity, hardware is even in Europe with multiplat software starting to favour the PS3, and American preorders data shows PS3 version as more popular.

Impossible for 360 version to come out on top.

Around the Network

Nope...

The sales won't even match the the PS3's in japan alone....

Hope it does well though, my brother is buying a copy...

From what little evidence we've seen we KNOW that the 360 version isn't going to be technically better than the PS3 version.

S-E have stated that the versions are, to all intents and purposes, identical.

So if 360 version "rivals" the PS3 version on technical grounds then that will simply be the game meeting the expectations created for it. Not sure if that's LMAO worthy.

That just leaves relative game sales. If 360 rivals PS3 in game sales that will be a surprise to many pundits (US pre-order charts suggest at least in opening weeks they won't be all that close, but the pre-order chart could be wrong). Quite how a game selling well on 2 systems as opposed to selling well on one and mediocre on another is LMAO wothy I don't understand. It could be LMAO if 360 version outsells PS3 version.

I'm certainly hoping the 360 version doesn't come off as substantially inferior to the PS3 version. Because the PS3 FF fanatics would become insufferable jerks all over the internets for weeks on end, and I don't want to be even remotely associated with such uncouth behaviour.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

@OP

Certainly trying to have a supercilious attitude affixing 'LMAO' in front of the sentence.

rutea7 said:
delusional much?

yep

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
MeTc123_VG_EditioN_ said:

in sales man

Then there is no chance.

binary solo said:
From what little evidence we've seen we KNOW that the 360 version isn't going to be technically better than the PS3 version.

S-E have stated that the versions are, to all intents and purposes, identical.

So if 360 version "rivals" the PS3 version on technical grounds then that will simply be the game meeting the expectations created for it. Not sure if that's LMAO worthy.

That just leaves relative game sales. If 360 rivals PS3 in game sales that will be a surprise to many pundits (US pre-order charts suggest at least in opening weeks they won't be all that close, but the pre-order chart could be wrong). Quite how a game selling well on 2 systems as opposed to selling well on one and mediocre on another is LMAO wothy I don't understand. It could be LMAO if 360 version outsells PS3 version.

I'm certainly hoping the 360 version doesn't come off as substantially inferior to the PS3 version. Because the PS3 FF fanatics would become insufferable jerks all over the internets for weeks on end, and I don't want to be even remotely associated with such uncouth behaviour.

The peformance of the 360 edition is seen as somewhat an underdog here, now Final Fantasy XIII is exclusive in Japan so there's nothing to compare, however lets say in the americas & europe the 360 version is on par or even just undermeath the PS3 version! Then what?

I'd say that with all the support the 360 is the better all round platform (than ps3) you'll start to see all 3rd party sony exclusives dry up
(like they already have.) 

Technically 3 Discs isn't a problem so compression isn't nessasary.

So i just looked up the game here on VGC its showing 1.89 mil for PS3 and 0 for 360. are these numbers accurate because i couldnt find any preorder data by googling it?

You talk about the Xbox version being able to sell more and yet you are purposely ignoring Japan? The PS3 version is already 1.8 million sales ahead, and the fanbase is on PS3. This is a pipe dream at best.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Maybe in a fantasy world-- HAHAHAHAhahahehehe*whew*... because it's Final Fantasy and it can only out-perform ps3 in a fantasy world.... Bad joke, please forgive me :p