By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever cried (out of sadness) during a video game?

Have you ever cried (out of sadness) during a video game?

Yes 86 48.86%

No 56 31.82%

Listen Nancy, I never cry. Ever. 34 19.32%

Total:176

out of sadness I would say the ending to MGS3, I'm a sucker for patriotism. The other emotional ending I remember is SotC which I was yelling at the TV during the last gameplay segment.

Around the Network

I cried the whole bikeride home when my pokemon red got deleted (like 8yrs old?) lol. with ppl on the sidewalks thinking what's wrong with that kid...
to this day i still don't like losing save files. so you can imagine how worried i was when eternal darkness liked to play with your mind...those of you who have played know what i'm talking about

no never, not even close.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

games that made me cry (from a few tears to a lot):

- Final Fantasy VII : Yes, yes, the death of Aeris
- Super Mario RPG: Goodbye Geno... *snif*
- Super Mario Galaxy: when the Lumis saved the universe
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time: Saria after the forest temple
- Xenogears: (forgot the scene)

I know there are more, but I can't remember

Never.

Around the Network

when i was but a lad playing earthbound, the final fight when everybody in the world is praying for the team.

Yeah, there are a couple games that have made me misty. Not very many, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Never, only 1 TV show has even had me come close to crying, and that was season of 24 when Edgar died... so so sad

Metal Gear Solid 3 : Big Boss salutes in front of The Boss' grave . It made a knot in my throat and my eyes were in the verge of a tear.

Metal Gear Solid 4: As the Big Boss dies, knot in throat and sadness, but no wet eyes (the ending song sent chills down my spine, though).

I've felt euphoria at the end of many games though/

Warning a bit of spoilers

MGS3: Such a sad ending, I had to fight it but I still shed a tear, the second he saluted and a tear came down his face...

MGS4: OMG what a emotional ride I went with the ending of MGS4. From fear to happyness to sadness to anger to happyness then confusion then sadness again...such a great ending to a great series, just perfect

Crisis Core: Zack in the end lying there almost dead then dies and Cloud let out that yell... never thought I'd like Zack but he's one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters now, OH ZACK! :(

Oh and I've never cried ever while watching a movie, Games > Movies.