By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Wii million-seller games thread. But a good one!

from those i think that have a 90% chance are wii fit,metroid prime 3,guitar hero 3

Around the Network
stranne said:
Is there a reason for not bundling the Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training in Japan? Does Nintendo have a different strategy for Japan when it comes to all bundles?

Yes, they have a different strategy in Japan. I believe Ghost Squad, RE:UC and LCT will all come with or without the Zapper in Japan. But it's a Zapper + LCT bundle everywhere else...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

BTW... Site now lists PBR at 770K, MP3:C at 760K and MySims at 330K...

"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Erik Aston said:
BTW... Site now lists PBR at 770K, MP3:C at 760K and MySims at 330K...

yep they have been updated and re4wii is now a million seller

- Pokemon Battle Revolution hasn't launched yet in Europe and with the holiday push, it will easily pass 1m.

- RE:UC could even pull 1.5m lifetime seeing as even Japan has embraced it (I think we'll see 150k first week, 300-400k lifetime).

- RRR2 won't perform as well as the first one since launch games always fare better, and according to IGN, RRR was better overall.

- Carnival games and MySims have enormous legs and even if they stop at 700k, EA and 2K will surely be (very) pleased.

- Metroid 3 Corruption is certain to pass 1m as it has just launched in EU and AU.

Around the Network

I think you're right about the Zapper in Japan Erik.

A very interesting list that you have compiled here, and I agree on most of the things you wrote. I'd also say that Carnival Games is another one to watch, at least in the long run.

I first wanted to say that I don't see Pokemon hitting a million, but now that it is at 770k I see it happening. However, MySims is a lot less certain if it is only at 330k including europe at the moment.

Out of already released games, Dragon Quest Swords could also hit one million if it gets some hype in the west, but seeing DQ Monster's sales in NA I'm not too sure if it will happen.

On another note, why does the sites million-seller page not include Strikers and BBA?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Pretty good numbers, especially for first party games.

PBR will, it is out here in Australia next month right before Christmas so like Europe it will make the holiday period.

Legend11 said:

Pretty good numbers, especially for first party games.

The third party numbers might just be "pretty good," but a lot of the first party numbers are just crazy awesome...

Mario Party 8 has done 2.89 million... Already the best-selling Mario Party game ever!
Super Paper Mario has done 1.74 million... Closing in on Paper Mario 2's 1.95
Mario Strikers Charged has done 1.33 million... Closing in on the original's 1.57
Twilight Princess has done about 3.85 million to Wind Waker's 4.38
Wario Ware Wii is at 1.99 million, closing on Wario Ware DS's 2.18

That many games in shape to easily pass their predecessors is impressive, IMO.

Don't forget that there's another million plus Twilight Princess on the Cube Erik.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.