By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Wii million-seller games thread. But a good one!

i didn't realize PBR wasn't out in Europe, that was a launch game in japan...should reach a million then.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Legend11 said:

Pretty good numbers, especially for first party games.

The graphics look good, especially for a Wii game.

But there are just not enough hardcore and mature games.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Erik Aston said:
stranne said:
Is there a reason for not bundling the Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training in Japan? Does Nintendo have a different strategy for Japan when it comes to all bundles?

Yes, they have a different strategy in Japan. I believe Ghost Squad, RE:UC and LCT will all come with or without the Zapper in Japan. But it's a Zapper + LCT bundle everywhere else...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

OK, have they said anything about that strategy? Or do you have an idea? I really don't understand why that strategy would work better in Japan than everywhere else.

stranne said:
Erik Aston said:
stranne said:
Is there a reason for not bundling the Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training in Japan? Does Nintendo have a different strategy for Japan when it comes to all bundles?

Yes, they have a different strategy in Japan. I believe Ghost Squad, RE:UC and LCT will all come with or without the Zapper in Japan. But it's a Zapper + LCT bundle everywhere else...

OK, have they said anything about that strategy? Or do you have an idea? I really don't understand why that strategy would work better in Japan than everywhere else.

It worked with Wii Sports...

takeru51 said:
stranne said:
Erik Aston said:
stranne said:

It worked with Wii Sports...

Isn't Wii Play bundled with the Wiimote in Japan though?

Around the Network

Update: 12/11

Most of the 10 titles I posted earlier look in better and better shape to hit 1 million...

Updates on those 10, plus 2 more...

Sonic and the Secret Rings
LTD sales: 770K
Still crawling along... SEGA and retaillers will push bundles and slash prices to keep it moving, methinks...

Pokemon Battle Revolution
LTD sales: 770K

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
LTD sales: 860K

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
LTD sales: 700K

MySims
LTD sales: 500K
Still iffy for moving 1M, but it looks much better than it did a couple weeks ago... The DS version will move 1M, though.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
LTD sales: 460K

Link's Crossbow Training
LTD sales: 190K

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
LTD sales: 790K
Whoa! This game is performing great. I smell a 2-million seller...

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
LTD sales: 270K

Wii Fit
LTD sales: 240K

Carnival Games
LTD sales: 280K

Cooking Mama
LTD sales: 540K

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

stof said:
Also, I'd just like to say that I don't think Pokemon Battle revolution was a dissapointment sales wise at all. In previous Pokemon iterations, you could either play tethered to each other through a gameboy cable, or you could get get Stadium and play on a TV.

But now with the DS's wireless and online capabilities, Pokemon Battle Revolution ends up becoming the more restricting version of the two. I'm suprised it sold as well as it did.

Also the "Stadium" type games have actually been LOSING options instead of gaining them.

Honestly I see My Sims, Cooking Mama, and Carnival Games will keep selling 10k each week in Europe and US until they sell 1-1.5 million

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.