By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Wii million-seller games thread. But a good one!

Carnival Games is one to watch was well. We only have US data which shows over 200,000 and great legs. I have a suspition that games like Carnival games and MySims are undertracked.

Fire Emblem is one worth talking about but it will problably land in the 500-750 thousand range.

Excite truck would push 1 million if it hits a greatest hits line.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

To me it's a race between Guitar Hero and Metroid (after Mario Galaxy that is)

Guitar hero for obvious reasons, but Metroid has already racked up half a mil in NA and sold over 12,000 last week. It's also just launched in Europe and should pull in some really great numbers there too. Toss in a modest Japan release for the game and this one should top a mill fairly soon.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Also, I'd just like to say that I don't think Pokemon Battle revolution was a dissapointment sales wise at all. In previous Pokemon iterations, you could either play tethered to each other through a gameboy cable, or you could get get Stadium and play on a TV.

But now with the DS's wireless and online capabilities, Pokemon Battle Revolution ends up becoming the more restricting version of the two. I'm suprised it sold as well as it did.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I don't agree with many on that list. Some are pure speculation, and I really can't see Link's crossbow training do well. I think from a mass-market perspective, a crossbow alienates far too many audiences. It needs to be something more general than a crossbow.

Nintendownsmii said:
Thats coming from circulars released last week actually.

Sounds to me like someone (the stores/magazines?) just hasn't been informed about recent developments.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong however.

Around the Network
mr-money said:
I don't agree with many on that list. Some are pure speculation, and I really can't see Link's crossbow training do well. I think from a mass-market perspective, a crossbow alienates far too many audiences. It needs to be something more general than a crossbow.

I would guess a crossbow is far less alienating than some sort of gun.

Remember that outside of Japan, every Wii Zapper sold comes with Link's Crossbow Training, together costing $20. The game is guarenteed to move 1M copies, and probably several million.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:
mr-money said:

Remember that outside of Japan, every Wii Zapper sold comes with Link's Crossbow Training, together costing $20. The game is guarenteed to move 1M copies, and probably several million.

I agree with Erik. This will be like another Wii play.

Erik Aston said:
mr-money said:

Really $20?  I keep thinking it's $40.  I guess i keep overestimating their greed.

Sonic game has a chance. We'll see how it looks after holiday season. PBR has a really strong chance.

BBA and MSC are already platinum so I won't mention it.

GHIII, RE:UC, Prime 3, and Galaxy should all make it as well. Same with Wii Fit.

Others we'll just have to wait and see.

Is there a reason for not bundling the Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training in Japan? Does Nintendo have a different strategy for Japan when it comes to all bundles?