By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst believes Nintendo Wii needs another price cut imminently!

Wii Doomed in 2007 2008 2009 2010!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Oh dear, it's still domed?

Rath said:
Oh dear, it's still domed?

Actually analysts think its too flat!

Cheebee said:
... So a pricecut is needed because sales are down compared to the record-breaking holiday season? XD

from what i read the analyst isn't suggesting the wii is doomed just that it will be down YoY without a price-cut.  well, the wii was down YoY from 2008 to 2009 and so far the wii is down YTD 2009 to YTD 2010.  Their record breaking holiday season last year makes it just that much harder for the wii to be end up YoY in 2010.  so with that information i have to agree with this analyst, the wii needs a price cut if nintendo wants the wii to be up YoY in 2010.

2009 had a big Q1 because it was coming off from a big year of 2008. While 2010 is struggleing becuase it just got off the weak year of 2009. We will have to wait and see if it gains more momentum or slow down

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Well i personaly think nintendo should lover it to $99 USD and $99 euro and 89 pounds, but thats just me. But imagine if they did that, I think the world would go crazy i bet they probably still make a profit for each one, plus larger market to sell their new games to. Along with a USD 99 price point it would be interesting if they had a 149$ version with a combined Wii Sports and Wii sports resort with motion + packaged that was widely used along with the original wii sports at the 99 price point. Imagine the possiblities.

"Like you know"

Just wait until next week, folks. Pachter's gonna claim that unless the PS3, 360, and Wii all cut prices to $49.99, they're all gonna get buried under the phenomenal sales of the Virtual Boy, which will have a resurgence due to the mayan calendar.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

holly shit, they should lower the price because it's sold out right now in the usa!!!!!!!

lol

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

This was posted before, wasn't it? Not from this source, but still.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This generation will be recorded in video-game history as the most hilarious.

Above: still the best game of the year.