By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The very best game(s) on Gamecube!?

Smash Bros. duh.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network

i loved the wind waker and mario kart. but i have to add the 2 worst games, star fox and rogue squadern big disappointments.

@ jws

I like better mario kart double dash than Mario Kart Wii.

I played it online in a gamecube emulator and that is pretty fun, the driver swapping and doble item holding was just a blast.

SO many great games on that console

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Battalion Wars
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault

Skies of Arcadia

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Pretty much everything I bought on the system.

Skies of Arcadia
Paper Mario 2
Starfox Adventures
Wind Waker
Sunshine
Mario Kart

- RE4
- REmake
- twilight princess
- windwaker
- zelda collection (cmon where are you gonna find a bundle of The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask all in one)
- metroid prime
- eternal darkness
- sands of time
- double dash

Rather than list the same ones as everyone esle I'd like to recommend two under represented classics.

DK Jungle Beat- Single most original thing to happen to platform games last gen. It's so intuitive and fun to play a side scroller with bongos, I dare you to play this all the way through acheiving the highest level trophies, it's amazingly well designed.

Warioland- Created by Treasure, this is just one kick ass fun platform/brawler (amazing game throguhout with the exception of a really weird end guy).

RE remake, RE 0, wind waker, pikma, ikaruga