By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 is starting to be sold out in France?

PS3 120GB is out of stock in almost all stores Micromania, number one in France (I know that cause I work in this channel ans we sell many ps3, about 3 ps3 for 1 360) and many other stores. However, the 250 GB is available  ... someone in Europe can tell if the same thing in his country?

Around the Network

PS3 is being sold out everywhere.

Well Amazon UK haven't had the 120GB since after xmas.

Makes you wonder if Sony is phasing out the 120GB.

Since their sales haven't been boosted as has been shown both here and NPD/Chart Track etc.

I mean, why else would you overproduce your top end model and under produce your lower model.

Maybe they plan to drop the 250 to 120 Price? Or release a new 120? Or it has something to do with the "3D" firmware and they don't want to send out more without 3D.

Weird..........................Guess there's alot of 250's lying around

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Since their sales haven't been boosted as has been shown both here and NPD/Chart Track etc.

I mean, why else would you overproduce your top end model and under produce your lower model.

Maybe they plan to drop the 250 to 120 Price? Or release a new 120? Or it has something to do with the "3D" firmware and they don't want to send out more without 3D.

Red - Sales haven't been boosted...? Are we both looking at the same sales?

Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:

Yes?  It's numbers are still right by the 360's.   Their is nothing in the last few months that should of been causing massive shortages. I mean they're about on target with their shipment numbers afterall... which they predicted.

To have shortages you'd of expected their shipped number to be way higher last financial report.

Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:

Yes?  It's numbers are still right by the 360's.   Their is nothing in the last few months that should of been causing massive shortages. I mean they're about on target with their shipment numbers afterall... which they predicted.

To have shortages you'd of expected their shipped number to be way higher last financial report.

For the year so far the PS3 is up 43% on last year. How isn't that classed as a boost?

Also, the PS3 has by far its largest holiday season this gen so far. I again ask, how hasn't it been boosted?

As for the shortages, maybe they are phasing out the 120. Maybe they will be making the 250 standard for $299, and introducing a 500GB.

Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:

For the year so far the PS3 is up 43% on last year. How isn't that classed as a boost?

Also, the PS3 has by far its largest holiday season this gen so far. I again ask, how hasn't it been boosted?

As for the shortages, maybe they are phasing out the 120. Maybe they will be making the 250 standard for $299, and introducing a 500GB.

The second part of your post would be "making my point for me." While the first part of your post was ignoring the post you were replyng to. Reread the post you replied to.

Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kasz216 said:

The second part of your post would be "making my point for me." While the first part of your post was ignoring the post you were replyng to.

No. You said PS3 didn't get any boost as i have highlighted in red, yet it is up 43% on last year despite having supply issues in certain places.

The fact is, PS3 has had a major boost. The first part of the post was replying to the blue.