By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well after 24 reviews Galaxy is #2 on gamerankings...

Parokki said:

I read the 8.7 review, and it isn't bad really.

He calls it the best looking game on the system, yet he only gives is a 9 for visuals? The best looking game on the system is the very definition of what should qualify as a 10, he's basically taking a point off for the game being on a console that doesn't output HD, and that's incredibly stupid if you ask me. It's like taking a point off for every PS3/360 game because they still use the old fashioned controller that forces you to keep your hands uncomfortably together. He also praises the audio and creative control, probably the game's two strongest areas, but rates them both as 8.

There are things that aren't perfect with Galaxy, but that site is just trying to get attention by being the one to give it the lowest rating.

(edit: forget everything good I said about the previous site, I just realised they gave Galaxy the same rating as Mercury Meltdown. what a shitload of fuck.)

You should read the Metroid Prime 3 review on that site. They gave MP3 a 6 for visuals XD

Around the Network

Hey, the Game Almighty 8.7 review just got removed off of Metacritic!

That's... really cool, actually.

And 2 new 100 reviews were put in its place. Boo yah!!!

So say we all, yo.

Rath said:

You should read the Metroid Prime 3 review on that site. They gave MP3 a 6 for visuals XD

O.O

*Brainfreeze*

*Thaws*

My emergency stupid system went off and autovented the last 5 seconds of pure stupid that I experienced. What were you talking about again? 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Wait, Metacritic actually counted that review for a couple minutes?!?!? It's listed at GameRankings, but not bold so they're not counting it. I've never heard of them and they're obviously full of shit.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Honestly, I've never understood this whole Ocarina vs. FF7 as the greatest game of all time argument that everybody has. I think both games are viewed with oodles of nostalgia because they were the first 3-D outings of their respective franchises.

I mean, it seems fairly obvious that the greatest game of all time was Super Mario Bros. 3 and Galaxy just passed it.

Galaxy is a 98 at MetaCritic, and the last game to get a 98 was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. Um... lolwut? You expect me to believe that those 2 games have equal levels of fun to be had and that they're tied for 2nd best game of all time? I would love to find a real human who believes that, and then smack his face off.

All reviewers should be shot and buried somewhere. All of them are embarrassments. At least Yahtzee is consistent in hating every single game ever but Portal and Psychonauts. He has a soul.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network

holy CRAP its at number 1 by .4%!!!!!

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

WHOA #1 Gratz!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

omg ! ^

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Well, that was totally unexpected

I expected it would move 0.2 - 0.3 because gamerankings was really slow in updating lately. But still a 0.4 increase not even in Johnlucas wildest dreams! Way to go! The Wii has now the best videogame in history ever.