By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII (360) Not HD | Resolution, Anti-Aliasing Analyzed

LoL wow! I see a big different SUX for for people that only have a Xbox 360 glad I also have a PS3 also and the XBOX FF13 bundle is to funny.

Around the Network

LOl pretty funny how everybody ignored the news that GTA4 had lower resolution on PS3 (as well as countless other games), but this thread is 22 pages and keeps getting bumped.

Not that the internet hates Xbox or anything...

zeed said:
LOl pretty funny how everybody ignored the news that GTA4 had lower resolution on PS3 (as well as countless other games), but this thread is 22 pages and keeps getting bumped.

Not that the internet hates Xbox or anything...

Yea but there were better colors in the PS3 version, and to be honest they were both pretty equal.

you cant say this about FF13 and most ps3 ports where graphics were worse werent big titles as ff13 (bayonetta/fallout 3 etc. arent as big as ff13)

LOL

"the internet hates the xbox"?

seriously?!

i havent seen one single article on any of the bigger gaming sites pointing out that the 360 version looks worse

gamespot even said that the 360 version looks better in-game <.< and that isnt the case obviously

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

NJ5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Anything higher than 480 = HD.

In that case the European Wii is HD.

Technically, yes! Assuming its actually running above 480.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

1280x720p is required to fit any definition (ha) of HD. Beyond 480 and below 720p is ED - extended definition.

Around the Network

Really angers me. They took so long to make this game and then to port it. Then have the balls to say the game is not compromise. i blame wada...

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced-definition_television

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

Mr Puggsly said:
NJ5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Anything higher than 480 = HD.

In that case the European Wii is HD.

Technically, yes! Assuming its actually running above 480.

You've been proven wrong about 6 times in this thread yet you still go on with this nonsense? Anything less than 720p is not HD.

You know, usually in circumstances like these, I blame the developers. But with SE and FF13, I think it has more to do with the DVD format and the fact that MS reserves ~1GB of each disc for itself. I mean FF games since 7 have been heavy on the CGI cutscenes. I would guess that given this is the first one for the HD systems, SE probably have gone all out on the CGI cutscenes. So all those, plus the game assets (which have to be repeated multiple times on the different discs) for a 50 hr game, probably take up a crap load of space. Sure they could have made the game look about equal, but that would have meant either taking out some cutscenes/story or putting it on 4-6 discs. I not 100% sure about this, but I have a suspicion MS may have "suggested" a 3 disc limit, as it would have made their version/console look more inferior coming on ~5 discs.

Having said all that, if the game still plays smoothly on the 360, I'm sure it will still be a fun experience.

the difference between the two versions isn't as large as we thought, of course the PS3 version is the one to get but the x360 version is good enough ..... sadly.