By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII (360) Not HD | Resolution, Anti-Aliasing Analyzed

tuscaniman said:
How many flamebait threads are going to be created about FFXIII? Are you Sony fans so butthurt that the 360 got your precious FF series that you will create endless threads to try to bash the 360's version? I'm glad the PS3 finally has a port of a game that looks better, congratulations Sony. Either way the graphics on this game are pretty weak on either console so it doesn't really matter.

I can see "SONY fans" being butthurt when FFXIII became multi-platform.  And sometimes in the console industry ignorance can be bliss.  Imaging what would have happened if FFXIII never went multi-platform.  "SONY fans" would have laughed at Microsoft fans having this exclusive while we would have never known how a 360 version would have faired.  But now we do know because this is reality.  And those Microsoft fans that finally got that vindication they were looking for when SE announced FFXIII's multi-platform status.  And now it appears that the PS3 will get a superior version which is REALLY exposing the inferiority of these Microsoft fans.  Now these Microsoft fans are the ones butthurt.  It's pretty obviously why while those Microsoft fans will just still be in denial.  I'm going to go for a walk to get some exercise and some some fresh air.  No point in tying to explain the obvious to those who are in denial.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
tuscaniman said:
leo-j said:
tuscaniman said:

The 360 is fully capable of putting out games that look as beautiful as the PS3. Just watch some Alan Wake footage or get ready for some Halo:Reach footage in the future. Enough of the X console is better than X console because this bush is in the corner. Both consoles are pretty much on an even plain when it comes to graphics. Yes Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are the two top dogs in graphics at the moment, but as I said Alan Wake and Halo:Reach will have something to say about that.
Second of all when the PS3 does graphics the PC isn't capable of then we can discuss throwing away the DVD medium. You guys realize Crysis is on a DVD right? Switching discs (if needed for a game) is not tedious or a deal breaker. If it is either of those to someone choosing between consoles then they need to see a psychiatrist.

the thing is you people think ALAN WAKE and HALO REACH look as good as UNCHARTED 2 and KILLZONE 2, based on what has been shown, they aren't even close.. I said it in the last thread, and I'll say it again in this thread. Crysis has nothing to do with FF XIII or LOST PLANET, Crysis isn't even that long to begin with..

Yes Alan Wake is very close. Take your blinders off. And Crysis has everything to do with the DVD vs Blueray medium discussion. Its on a DVD and destroys Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. Thats a comparison that isn't close.

It doesn't destroy anything, considering KZ2 has moments that surpass Crysis at a graphicle level, and I dare you to try me..

Alan wake is not very close at all.. and I have no blinders on, Im just looking at it from a gamers stand point, not a fanboys (im not throwing that word at anyone here)

This is my last quote on anything you post. Killzone 2 doesn't touch Crysis in any part of the game whatsoever, unless you are comparing Killzone's most graphical moment vs Crysis' start screen. Yes Alan Wake is close and congrats you just took the title as biggest PS3 fanboy.

:D

The "butthurt" shows sign of impatience and irritability. ^^^

Jordahn said:
tuscaniman said:
How many flamebait threads are going to be created about FFXIII? Are you Sony fans so butthurt that the 360 got your precious FF series that you will create endless threads to try to bash the 360's version? I'm glad the PS3 finally has a port of a game that looks better, congratulations Sony. Either way the graphics on this game are pretty weak on either console so it doesn't really matter.

I can see "SONY fans" being butthurt when FFXIII became multi-platform.  And sometimes in the console industry ignorance can be bliss.  Imaging what would have happened if FFXIII never went multi-platform.  "SONY fans" would have laughed at Microsoft fans having this exclusive while we would have never known how a 360 version would have faired.  But now we do know because this is reality.  And those Microsoft fans that finally got that vindication they were looking for when SE announced FFXIII's multi-platform status.  And now it appears that the PS3 will get a superior version which is REALLY exposing the inferiority of these Microsoft fans.  Now these Microsoft fans are the ones butthurt.  It's pretty obviously why while those Microsoft fans will just still be in denial.  I'm going to go for a walk to get some exercise and some some fresh air.  No point in tying to explain the obvious to those who are in denial.

Denial about what? Certainly not in denial that this game's graphics are average. Not in denial that this game will be like the last 2-3 Final Fantasys and will be an average jrpg. For some reason you have convinced yourself that 360 owners wanted this game so badly. Unfortunately this franchise has been on a downslide for some time and really us "Xbots" weren't praying day and night for this game. Now that we do have the ability to play this game thats good, but honestly this game isn't as big as you think it is. If this game hits 5 mil on the PS3 i'll be shocked.

PlayStation 2 still is in the market and uses DVD. DVD technology is already (gasp) 14 years old. By the time the 360 leaves the market (let's say 2014 production stopped?) it'll be 18 years old tech in that console.

Can you imagine a PS2 lasting the (approx. 9 healthy years) it had using CDs (a technology first used for home videogaming in 1991 on the Phillips' CD-i)?

The PS2 generation ended in 2006 (when the Wii entered the market), CD technology was already 15 years old (and like 20 years old for the format) by then and obsolete for home consoles. The question is, will the X360 last a 10-year lifespan using 18+ years old media technology? That's just surprising for a home console. My answer is: no, no, you've got to be kidding me, it won't last 8.

Around the Network
Hidalgo said:
phnguyen89 said:
To those of you saying who cares, you should support the 360 then.

Don't get the PS3 version where graphics are better. They're just graphics right?

Support the lazy devs so things like this will continue. Games should be developed on the PS3 fully optimized and then ported over to the 360.

You're missing the point of your statement.

It's been said a few times that leading development in PS3 would translate into better 360 ports. There are links over there, I wouldn't mind to do some research if requiered.

PS: The sad thing comes when you read the news about Lost Planet 2 disc space problems... We all know it will get worse and worse during the rest of the generation. We all knew Blu-Ray was necessary, but not because SONY PR Bullshit said so. It was just a matter of time. More space is needed in order to make greater games.

Ahem, <sarcasm> was used in my statement.  The point was going from PS3 to 360 is easy, but SE has lazy devs.

Poltergeist13 said:
of course someone who doesn't own a 360 would post this...lol

ROFLMAO!

One piece of advice do your own research before you post something like this. I won't bother explaining to you. This post is also directed to other one that posted something like this.

gekkokamen said:

PlayStation 2 still is in the market and uses DVD. DVD technology is already (gasp) 14 years old. By the time the 360 leaves the market (let's say 2014 production stopped?) it'll be 18 years old tech in that console.

Can you imagine a PS2 lasting the (approx. 9 healthy years) it had using CDs (a technology first used for home videogaming in 1991 on the Phillips' CD-i)?

The PS2 generation ended in 2006 (when the Wii entered the market), CD technology was already 15 years old (and like 20 years old for the format) by then and obsolete for home consoles. The question is, will the X360 last a 10-year lifespan using 18+ years old media technology? That's just surprising for a home console. My answer is: no, no, you've got to be kidding me, it won't last 8.

well while I agree on a tech outlook on dvd's age is showing, i disagree that the xbox360 would not last 10 year's.

because that is subjective an most importantly how well the xbox360 keep's it's support from Microsoft, and software support for the xbox360

unlike the previous generation's the one big thing going for this generation the very fact that

this generation has one big thing going for it. not just for one system it's across all three

and that is ONLINE digital content. reguardless of physical media even when the next generation XBOX, PLAYSTATION OR NINTENDO GAME SYSTEM get's released these current system's will most likely in all cases keep getting support. why

these system's have pretty powerful hardware compared to last generation system's, they all three have the start or getting to be mature robust online network for content distribution. if anything that should in all likelyhood extend the life of the system not shorten it because, when the new system's get released aside from hardware upgrade's the leap for atleast in the first year or two, the current game system's will have more of a viable choice than previous generation's .

That is one of the bigest selling component's this generation, the system's are less static. unlike previous generation's the next generation will not be as much of a leap over this generation due to the very fact more and more these system's are more of a "entertainment PC" more than anything

that trend is going to continue, as you know with PC's the new model's get released but people tend to still use even their older system even when a new system get's released, this generation esp. in the wake of the ps3 and xbox360 both multi-core system's with large harddrives that can be added or is already installed, both connect to the internet, bit gather movie's, game's, music an in some cases used  for non gaming need's.

even with the next generation system's get here do you see these current system's not keep that interactivity when the new system's get here.

the support infrastructure is there for increase support overtime moreso than previous generation because of this very fact.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I was about to agree with you ps3 fanboys until I saw somethin'

ps3 graphics = A
ps3 boobs = A cups

360 graphics = D
360 boobs = D cups

IMO, 360 wins again. Boobs are the only aliasing I need

tuscaniman said:
Jordahn said:
tuscaniman said:

Denial about what? Certainly not in denial that this game's graphics are average. Not in denial that this game will be like the last 2-3 Final Fantasys and will be an average jrpg. For some reason you have convinced yourself that 360 owners wanted this game so badly. Unfortunately this franchise has been on a downslide for some time and really us "Xbots" weren't praying day and night for this game. Now that we do have the ability to play this game thats good, but honestly this game isn't as big as you think it is. If this game hits 5 mil on the PS3 i'll be shocked.

"Reason for ban: Flaming (I guess you haven't yet learned that you can't call other people fanboys) ~ zexen_lowe"

Nuff said.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.