By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quite possibly the worst DRM and most ridiculous idea ever

Can't hackers and pirates just make a crack so all this ends up doing is fucking over the guys who payed money for the games?

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Around the Network

A DDOS on Ubisoft's servers would be fun...

Foamer said:
A DDOS on Ubisoft's servers would be fun...

I bet this will happen eventually when someone got angry for losing progress due not not being able to save.

Or if it's a slow day on 4Chan.

For those who said "Blizzard does exactly the same thing with Battle.net".

Ubisoft isn't in the same league as Blizzard.

Battle.net is a service for Blizzard's ONLINE games.

Ubisoft's DRM forces the player to sign up for their service just to play a single player game.

If Ubisoft want to use copy protection then use Steamworks integration or even GFWL. NOT this!

Around the Network

Piracy is a bad thing, and should be fought. But it is possible to go too far -to, in pursuit of a good goal, employ methods so unethical that the mere act of using them taints the entire venture- and this is one such case. Ubisoft is infringing on the legitimate rights of its legitimate users, for very little if any real gain in combating the actual piracy problem.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Piracy should be ignored and more attention paid to the actual customers.