By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quite possibly the worst DRM and most ridiculous idea ever

Anybody know where I can donate £25 to whoever cracks this shit?

Hated Ass Creed 1, have no intention of buying the sequel but I'd like to help fuck Ubi over.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Foamer said:
Cracking quote-

Tropico 3 studio Haemimont Games' Ivan-Assen Ivanov said, "I like what Ubisoft is doing for PC games - that way, we and everybody else will look reasonable when we do something slightly less retarded."

I know I said I;m out but LMFAO, that is an awesome quote.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Pyro as Bill said:

Hated Ass Creed 1, have no intention of buying the sequel but I'd like to help fuck Ubi over.

Trust me, you don't need to donate. The challenge is enough for the crackers.

There's a really expensive music editing program called Cubase which used a hardware dongle for copy protection... it took months and a lot of work, but they cracked it (by making a hardware driver which simulated the dongle).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

There's a really expensive music editing program called Cubase which used a hardware dongle for copy protection... it took months and a lot of work, but they cracked it (by making a hardware driver which simulated the dongle).

Piracy as a rule is typically wrong and I do not mean to support it in any fashion with the next statement:

It is incredible the kind of things people can do if they put their minds to it. Software pirates have to be some of the most tech-savvy people on the planet.

This is the future - beware.

In other words, generally the same people who complain about used game sales want to make it where they control your ability to play the game at all.

Priceless.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Piracy as a rule is typically wrong and I do not mean to support it in any fashion with the next statement:

It is incredible the kind of things people can do if they put their minds to it. Software pirates have to be some of the most tech-savvy people on the planet.

Rather interestingly, I was just reading a related essay which sums up in two sentences the reason why DRM is useless to prevent piracy:

Against the average user, anything works; there's no need for complex security software. Against the skilled attacker, on the other hand, nothing works.

http://www.schneier.com/essay-063.html

This doesn't mean DRM is entirely useless of course... I bet they're happy to test and expand the acceptance level from gamers, in order to move to a fully controlled game sales environment.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

The Scene actually doesn't condone piracy. They just crack it for themselves, and anyone who they know. What you see on the internet are leaks.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Whew, what a read, a big amount of unbelievably ignorant and naive posts from William Watts, a massive amount of good reasons for which Ubi is officially stupid, a few good quotes and last but not least, a couple users along with a moderator giving up on the conversation due to their inability to bang their heads against the wall any longer.

All in all a very complete thread, well done guys. Who wants a cookie?

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Only if it's wall flavored.

KungKras said:
WilliamWatts said:
If they see piracy as being that much of a problem and it helps them combat it and in turn achieve higher revenues then I cannot see it as being anything but an overall positive thing for PC gamers that actually pay for the content.

gamers who pay for the content will suffer too

The thing is, that usually the games with the least amount of copy protection are the ones that sell the best.

don't forget they get pirated the shit out of as well. I also don't think it's coincedance that the most popular games have copy protection.. and are the most pirated. If they didn't have copy protection, how would that in any way lower the number of pirated copies?.. It wouldn't. People that pirated games decided to pirate beforehand. Ethics has nothing to do with it.

I disagree with this ubisoft bullshit, but I do not understand why people are complaining about the extra content for people who buy new copies of games. It makes sense to me: actually support the developer, and they will reward you with a little trinket. Sure, it's not much, but if it lures more people into buying new, it's a good thing. It helps publishers make money so they can make new experiences. Besides, it's not like the people who buy used don't get the majority of the game, so they should shut up. The publisher made $0 off your purchase. If they decided to deprive you of 2 or 3 levels, you really shouldn't complain.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive