By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade scans: It's purdy!!!!!!!!!

LordTheNightKnight said:
"OMG, If this is what the wii can do at..... 90%? I wanna see zelda graphics"

It's a huge streaming world. Graphics will be limited because of that.

Are you saying it is not going to look as good as the scans?  Because the graphics I see in the scans look amazing.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Here is a better translated version of the interview

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/17/xenoblade_preview/

The gameplay is like a jrpg ff type?

morenoingrato said:
The gameplay is like a jrpg ff type?

Xenoblade's gameplay is looking to be very much like Final Fantasy XII's gameplay.

I REALLY hope that "going back to the basics of RPG" and "Events brought us to a dead end" doesn't mean the game will have a shell of a story... the story is one of the things i'm most excited about this game...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

I had it (or Monado actually) on my most wanted game for a couple of months now. These scans do not change that. :)

theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Are you saying it is not going to look as good as the scans?  Because the graphics I see in the scans look amazing.

I did not. Read what I wrote again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Then what are you saying?  I don't see the graphics as being limited.  They look amazing from what we see in the scans.  If it lives up to that, it is going to be one of the best looking games on the console.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Wow.

Simply astounding. I am genuinely interested in this title.

Hopefully its the start of a popular RPG franchise for Nintendo.

Same with the LAST STORY.

Anyone realize how this is really the first time Nintendo is pushing for JRPG franchises (epic ones) on their home consoles since the SNES days? N64 was dry, GC had a Tales game + Baten Kaitos, but compared to all their systems, the Wii is the biggest since the SNES days (its only missing Final Fantasy proper)

Good job for Nintendo.

theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
theRepublic said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Then what are you saying?  I don't see the graphics as being limited.  They look amazing from what we see in the scans.  If it lives up to that, it is going to be one of the best looking games on the console.

"limited"=/="does not look amazing". It just means the detail won't be as high as it could have been with putting areas in between full loading screens. Note that FFXII was one of the best looking (if not the best) RPGs on the PS2, and the areas had about five seconds of loading. Crystal Bearers had a higher polygon count and better texturing and shading, with either no loading between areas or a shor loading screen when you start a save or warp.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs