By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long did it take you to beat Final Fantasy 8?

First time took around 40-45 hours and that without completing all the sidequest.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

It was about 100-110 hours for me but I did pretty much everything including beating Omega Weapon. If I remember rightly, you'll want to get the Laguna card ASAP as you can convert that into 100 Heroes.... after that, every boss is easy, lol.

just a shade under 80 hours it was a fantastic game, i really need to get it back

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i beat omega :p not sure how long it took

I remember that the first time i've spent about 70 hours!
but I've tried to finish every quest....so It would last 50 hours.

Around the Network

1 year

Your answer lies here http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=80065&page=1#  

I just replayed it and finished maybe a month ago, took me about 47 hours.

I usually average about 50 hours in FF games after 7. But I put 120 into XII.

and about a year of my life into 11.

I honestly don't remember how long it took me my first time since I've beaten the game so many times, I know I did every possible sidequest and got all the GF's though. My recent time to beat the game was 12-14 hours.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

cant remember my time but i bought it on PSN so il see how i go

on a side note this game is incredibly boring!! seriously 80% of the first disc is all talking, i haven't played the game in about 8 years i dont remember them game being this dull, i still like the it but the game seriously needs to STFU and let me play