By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FFXIII marketed as a 360 exclusive o.O

It's not surprising really. MS probably agreed to help fund the advertising campaign in exchange for the exclusive bundle deal and so they're hardly likely to include a PS3 logo at the end.

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
You wait the ps3 commercials will be out soon, final fantasys home is the sony playstation its where it belongs and sony won't let one of its once best exclusive franchises just be marketed as a rivals exclusive. But to be honest I think most of the worlds gamers will know that its on the ps3 anyway

That's strange considering that my first few Final Fantasy games were on Nintendo systems. I had always considered the FF franchise a Nintendo one, until it went onto the PS1...

Anyway, that's a pretty nice looking commercial. If I knew absolutely nothing about FF, I would definitely think it was 360 only based on that commercial, hehe.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Lol whats wrong with this? more people get to enjoy it. besides Square Enix is too damn desperate that they keep mentioning how FPS games inspired them to make the game, and that they want to attract US people, but its actually just to get Halo / Call Of Duty gamers to buy it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

that trailer was really good, guys...quit crying over what console its on on and Just buy and enjoy the Damn game , i swear if the 360 version of FF outsells the ps3 version , the PS3 Forum's are going to be a Fu*king ghost town the way some of these kids are acting.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Will M$ reach a point where they would be marketing even ps3-only exclusives through ads and other stuff, then all find out later it wasn't on their console...

Around the Network

No big deal, Sony did this alot with Assassins creed, And ALOT MORE with Assassins creed II. chill.

Well old news... Only thing Sony could ever do is show their own. Seriously though, that's where they always get pummeled by MS.

kowenicki said:
Another over reaction..

This happens with lots of games... sometimes Sony or MS will pick a game and run their own ad for it. There is nothing stopping Sony from doing the same, they did it with Assassins Creed I and II

This has nothing to do with SE

I agree with u. Same thing happened to Fifa 10 and Mw2. Its not a big deal imo.

To people saying its no big deal and it happened with other games -

FFXIII was once a PS3 exclusive and the franchise as a whole is more related to PS...so this is a pretty fail move by Sony...

You expect the majority of people who watch TSN are going to care about buying Final Fantasy XIII?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi