By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you believe PC Gaming is dying?

Do you believe PC Gaming is dying?

Yes 136 41.21%

No 169 51.21%

Unsure / Can't decide 25 7.58%

Total:330

What do you believe in?

Around the Network

No pc gaming will always be alive lol

Arent consoles made of PC components nowadays? :)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Nope, people have been saying that PC gaming is dying for too long now.. I think PC gaming will continue to trend toward more of a niche but it'll never actually die.

nope PC gaming is always here, and it was always the "Not so popular" gaming system , and it always will be like that.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I believe PC gaming has seen better days. However, I don't think it will ever die.

it shifts towards MMOs and RTS only. well and some browser games. But 90% of the gaming will be on consoles.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Define dying. Do you mean a steady and rapid decline to nothing? If so, surely not. It will never fizzle out completely anyways. Especially when you consider all those casual games, those aren't going to die. People are addicted to Farmville, seriously. It may be a 'fad' for now, but there are still all those Popcap games like Bejeweled. How long has that game been out now?

Also, with a dev like Blizzard essentially saying they don't have plans to bring games like WoW or SC to consoles, PC gaming will be fine.

No.
But it has changed in a way I don't not find appealing. MMOs, buggy console ports, limited modding, excessive casual games.

Still plenty of strategy, indie and even free games to keep it going for me though.

As long as PC are existing, their's going to be games for it!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!