By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is PSP dying outside of Japan?

Nah.

There will be a pretty big pricecut this year methinks. Should keep it alive for at least another year.

PSP Go needs at least $100 pricecut.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:
Grimes said:
I thought the strongest market for the PSP was the US for a while. But in recent years has fallen off the cliff.

Hardware wise it has always been Europe.

Whatever the case, Japan has not always been the PSP's best market.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

I don't know if price is the biggest problem. The DSi and iPod touch are just as expensive and both are selling in record numbers.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

if it wasn't from the ds selling like hot pussy on a virgin convention, most people would think the psp is doing alright, am sure when the ps3 start making money sony will drop the psp ( which sells for a profit) and release the psp2

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

it is in peril, it isn't as intuitive as ds, and that sunk it

Around the Network

Why is it dyin?is it sick? (A joke...I laugh...) mUhahHAHhahHAHhah

There are far too many things they can do before releasing a new system to keep the current one healthy, like a price cut. I doubt we'll see a new PSP before we see the old one finally come down in price (which it hasn't done in years).

You do not have the right to never be offended.

The PSP is between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, the PSP is finished in NA (and probably Europe too but I'm too lazy to check sales right now). It barely sells more than the PS2 software wise now. But on the flipside, if Sony were to release a PSP2 anytime soon, it would be mad expensive. Think bout it. A PSP Go still goes for $250. Can you imagine how much a PSP2 would cost in retail? It's way too early for a PSP2 for that reason. All Sony can do is just count their losses, focus on Japan right now and then come out with a PSP2 when they can realistically release it without charging bloody $300 for it or something. The $250 price point is way too much as it is. That's only $50 less than a PS3. For handhelds, $150-200 is the range of acceptability for launch.

The lack of system sellers has been critical. The platform is not lacking in good games at all, but damned if those aren't really exciting the market

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I remember how amazing PSP was when it was released...Now I use it for Mp3 and FF Dissidia.

Take my love, take my land..