By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Haze a timed exclusive or fully exclusive to the PS3?

Darc Requiem said:
Its timed exclusive. Part of the standard agreement for timed exclusives is denial of any other versions. Sony even announced Haze as exlusive to PS3 this year. Free Radical denied that the game was exclusive right up until it Sony announced it.

No they didn't.  Free Radical said multiple times that Haze would only appear on the ps3.  Whether they meant strictly in 2007 or not is debatable.

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
theres zero doubt in my mind sony paid for exclusitivity, no developer in their right mind would not develop a shooter for the 360.

I dunno. Free Radical are the type of devs that like to get the most they can out of a piece of hardware, so they may have opted for exclusivity, kinda like Kojima and others.

Tbh, the whole exclusive/timed/multiplat stuff over the past year made it seem as if Free Radical wanted the game exclusive, but Ubisoft wanted it multiplat. Everythign FR did pointed to exclusivity, but Ubisoft kept making comments alluding to 360 and PC versions of the game. FR wouldn't back down, however, so Ubisoft declared the game timed exclusive, then finally broke down and announced full exclusivity in August, with a few comments hinting at possible other version of the game later.

At least, that's my take on the matter. 

I am a PS3 user but I don't mind if they do a 360/PC version of Haze. I just hope it's a great game. Free Radical is a great company so I expect the game to be good :)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

makingmusic476 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Its timed exclusive. Part of the standard agreement for timed exclusives is denial of any other versions. Sony even announced Haze as exlusive to PS3 this year. Free Radical denied that the game was exclusive right up until it Sony announced it.

No they didn't. Free Radical said multiple times that Haze would only appear on the ps3. Whether they meant strictly in 2007 or not is debatable.

No Ubisoft said that Haze was PS3 exclusive. Up until recently Free Radical insisted that the game was coming to 360 and PC.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164813 

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=164695

After the Ubisoft exclusivity announcement, Free Radical refuses to comment at all.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=171203 

@kvh22000

On no no. That's a quote from Soriku. Lovely fellow, and he has gone and changed his prediction.

I predicted on July 1st that PS3 would get 8 mil.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
theres zero doubt in my mind sony paid for exclusitivity, no developer in their right mind would not develop a shooter for the 360.

I dunno. Free Radical are the type of devs that like to get the most they can out of a piece of hardware, so they may have opted for exclusivity, kinda like Kojima and others.

Tbh, the whole exclusive/timed/multiplat stuff over the past year made it seem as if Free Radical wanted the game exclusive, but Ubisoft wanted it multiplat. Everythign FR did pointed to exclusivity, but Ubisoft kept making comments alluding to 360 and PC versions of the game. FR wouldn't back down, however, so Ubisoft declared the game timed exclusive, then finally broke down and announced full exclusivity in August, with a few comments hinting at possible other version of the game later.

At least, that's my take on the matter. 

Naa, kojima is completely loyal, free radical even announced 360 version planned huge difference.

That and ubisoft would ALWAYS port to 360 for a shooter, or at least you would think they would.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
nvm

leo-j said:
The demo comes out tomorrow on the ps store, not that it matters to you anyway.

Wow....are you sure?

(it would be nice, but I haven't heard anything about a demo)

edit: pssshhh....it's only for the EU PSN.  I'm too lazy to make/deal with another PSN account.