By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Haze a timed exclusive or fully exclusive to the PS3?

@DMeisterJ

Exactly

Around the Network

@ outlawauron

Just noticed your 5-6 million if its lucky. (ps3)

The ps3 is already there.

as for haze i think they got upset when Microsoft forced them to alter the initial release date which was set to be around the same time as Halo... so they canned the 360 version....I have not heard about the PC version

kvh22000 said:
as for haze i think they got upset when Microsoft forced them to alter the initial release date which was set to be around the same time as Halo... so they canned the 360 version....I have not heard about the PC version

Hmm I don't think so because the release date was normally April (time exclusive).

Will it sell much I don't know =/.  There is no hype for this game and we didn't saw much about it.

theres zero doubt in my mind sony paid for exclusitivity, no developer in their right mind would not develop a shooter for the 360.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Thanks lost for confirming that.

The demo comes out tomorrow on the ps store, not that it matters to you anyway.

mM
leo-j said:
The demo comes out tomorrow on the ps store, not that it matters to you anyway.

Really? I didn't know that. That just made my day.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Its timed exclusive. Part of the standard agreement for timed exclusives is denial of any other versions. Sony even announced Haze as exlusive to PS3 this year. Free Radical denied that the game was exclusive right up until it Sony announced it.

The game was originally multiplat. Then, at Ubisoft's Gamer's Day back in May, it was announced timed exclusive for the ps3 (though the story was originally broke by jeux-france who said it was completely exclusive). The complete exclusivity rumor was kept alive for a long time, because the ps3 logo was the only logo on the official Haze/Free Radical website, and the fact that the director of the team made the comment, "It is the ps3's answer to Halo, wait for a big announcement at E3," in a dev diary back in June. People assumed the announcement would be of complete exclusivity.

That announcement never came.

Gradually, people began to forget about the game, until late August, when out of nowhere Ubisoft announced that it was ps3 exclusive.