By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official January 2010 NPD Thread (Data = 4 weeks ending Jan 30)

Max King of the Wild said:
Kasz216 said:
The fact that there are 3 weeks worth of data.

Easy as that. You guys are basing your numbers off of 1 weeks worth of data...

It aint hard to grasp

2 Weeks... as there wouldn't be any sales data for this week since it hasn't even ended yet.

Which means it would have to do about 100K a piece in US and Europe.

Which is silly.

What? Sony doesn't need to wait for NPD to know how many people are connecting to their servers. You point is moot.

No, but they'd have to know when it comes to you know... sales.  Cause people have more then one PSN ID... and people can bring the game over to their friends houses etc.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:

It aint hard to grasp

2 Weeks... as there wouldn't be any sales data for this week since it hasn't even ended yet.

Which is silly.

What? Sony doesn't need to wait for NPD to know how many people are connecting to their servers. You point is moot.

No, but they'd have to know when it comes to you know... sales.  Cause people have more then one PSN ID... and people can bring the game over to their friends houses etc.

And those people would make up a very small minority here. Not everyone (No matter how much you read on a forum full of hardcore gamers) have more than one PSN ID and not everyone who has multiple bother loging in to their alt. and not everyone who does bothers to play a very online community based game on it... you know... because the point is to play with people you know.

It aint hard to grasp

Bu there are not three weeks of data.....

It came out in europe (which we orgionally were talking about) on 29th of jan. From 29th to 5th = week 1, which numbers were 100k in europe which we are disputing. From 5th to 12th (tommorow) is week 2 for europe. So 1 more week of data is needed to be uptodate.

In US it was released on 26th of January. 26th to 2nd = 1st week. However the 1st numbers were reported on 30th jan, so the sales were 4 days on sale. Meaning the next set of data should go from 31st to 6th feb, which is 1 weeks data, and then from 6th to 13th, that is the 2nd load of data.

So we are only 1 week of data behind and in 2 days will be 2 behind.

So yes it is possible in those 12 days since the first numbers came out that MAG worldwide has reached 500k. But as i tried to imply for that to happen means MAG would of had to sell at least 150k for its 2nd week. Seeing as NPD have it down at under 170k for its 1st week then you have to say that it is unlikely. Not impossible, just not very likely.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:

It aint hard to grasp

Which is silly.

And those people would make up a very small minority here. Not everyone (No matter how much you read on a forum full of hardcore gamers) have more than one PSN ID and not everyone who has multiple bother loging in to their alt. and not everyone who does bothers to play a very online community based game on it... you know... because the point is to play with people you know.

Hey, it was major enough to make a discepency with the Warhawk numbers back when Sony announced a much larger then sold userbase.

Yet they said Warhawk sales were 10% DD.

Hyruken said:

It aint hard to grasp

Bu there are not three weeks of data.....

It came out in europe (which we orgionally were talking about) on 29th of jan. From 29th to 5th = week 1, which numbers were 100k in europe which we are disputing. From 5th to 12th (tommorow) is week 2 for europe. So 1 more week of data is needed to be uptodate.

In US it was released on 26th of January. 26th to 2nd = 1st week. However the 1st numbers were reported on 30th jan, so the sales were 4 days on sale. Meaning the next set of data should go from 31st to 6th feb, which is 1 weeks data, and then from 6th to 13th, that is the 2nd load of data.

So we are only 1 week of data behind and in 2 days will be 2 behind.

So yes it is possible in those 12 days since the first numbers came out that MAG worldwide has reached 500k. But as i tried to imply for that to happen means MAG would of had to sell at least 150k for its 2nd week. Seeing as NPD have it down at under 170k for its 1st week then you have to say that it is unlikely. Not impossible, just not very likely.

29th - 30th = 1 week. 31 - 6th = 2 week. 7 - 13 (which is 2 days away) = 3rd week. 1st week =/= 7 days.

Around the Network

"500K have chosen their allegience" = 500 thousand people have signed on to MAG. If WW MAG sales = about 250K that just means 2 people per game/house that owns MAG.

What's the big deal? and where do people get off calling Jack Tretton a liar?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
"500K have chosen their allegience" = 500 thousand people have signed on to MAG. If WW MAG sales = about 250K that just means 2 people per game/house that owns MAG.

What's the big deal? and where do people get off calling Jack Tretton a liar?

Spinner... not liar.

^ Is because some people took that as if the game sold 500K. But no, he just try to spin data, instead of saying the actual number of copies sold.

I don't know why people are ripping their heads off. MAG has not sold 500K WW. That was just the way tretton talks... like people already said it, is not the first time. And it wont be the last one.

Khuutra said:
jarrod said:
That means Madworld outsold Bayonetta PS3 it's first NPD btw, even with 1 week less of sales.

AAAUGH

I wish these guys would make a game that could sell. I'm half afraid that publishers will look at NPD numbers and go "Nope, not touching this"

I bought the inferior port at full price (well I got %10 discount) so don't look at me.

what's with the MAG discussion people? NPD numbers = less than 171k...do you think it's overtracked here in VGC, shame, because NPD doesn't count canada and latin america numbers!
what? are you saying that Jack Tretton is a liar? why? the game sold 300k first week, and we're right now in the 3rd week of this game, it doesn't look CRAZY to say that this game already sold 500k...hell it could sell 200k the second week due to the pre-order shortages in Europe....
AND!
i'm a little bit intrigued by the fanboys looking at the PS3 numbers and saying that they'll not catch up the 2nd place (i'm looking at you Gif in the 2nd page and the people mocking about it.)...do you know that AMERICA, it's the BIGGEST console seller for the 360, and yet they outsold the ps3 by just...55k? we just have to add the Japanese Sales to make the ps3 outsell the 360...and yet we've to add the Europe numbers...and we know that those numbers belongs to the ps3.
SO!
i think the ps3 is catching up the 2nd place don't you think?

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!