By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official January 2010 NPD Thread (Data = 4 weeks ending Jan 30)

Some more bits:

[PS3] MAG ~150K
[PS3] Darksiders ~130K
[360] Bayonetta ~100K
[PS3] Bayonetta ~60K
[Wii] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom ~50K
[Wii] No More Heroes 2 ~25K
[All] Dark Void - 22K

Dark Void bomba.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Damn Bayonetta. I expected more from the 360 ver at least. Hopefully it has a better February.

dolemit3 said:
Some more bits:
[PS3] MAG ~150K
[PS3] Darksiders ~130K
[360] Bayonetta ~100K
[PS3] Bayonetta ~60K
[Wii] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom ~50K
[Wii] No More Heroes 2 ~25K
[All] Dark Void - 22K

Dark Void bomba.

Wait, then what was the point of the Bayonetta (PS3)>Bayonetta 360 >Tatsunoko vs. Capcom > No More Heroes 2 analogy?

One multiplatform game was out for 4 weeks as opposed to two games that were out for 4 days.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

dark void is mega bomba, wow. That is unbelievable. That is considerably worse than bionic commando and that is saying something.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:
That means Madworld outsold Bayonetta PS3 it's first NPD btw, even with 1 week less of sales.

AAAUGH

I wish these guys would make a game that could sell. I'm half afraid that publishers will look at NPD numbers and go "Nope, not touching this"

Well, at least retailers bought it up. I mean, those 1.1 million copies will have to go one way or another.

I just wonder how they convinced retailers to stock that much. Crazy.

I'm surprised MadWorld outsold Bayonetta PS3 and got close-ish to the 360 version.

Boobies are very distracting.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:
That means Madworld outsold Bayonetta PS3 it's first NPD btw, even with 1 week less of sales.

AAAUGH

I wish these guys would make a game that could sell. I'm half afraid that publishers will look at NPD numbers and go "Nope, not touching this"

Well, at least retailers bought it up. I mean, those 1.1 million copies will have to go one way or another.

I'm surprised MadWorld outsold Bayonetta PS3 and got close-ish to the 360 version.

They can send them back and get their money if they got a huge stock that's not moving you know.

TheThunder said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

AAAUGH

They can send them back and get their money if they got a huge stock that's not moving you know.

Not all the time, the contract when ordering stock isn't uniform between retailers and publishers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

AAAUGH

i'm not, there was a lack of core games for the wii in 2009, the game was well received and the wii has 2.5x more userbase than the PS3, yet it barely outsold Bayonetta PS3, which was released in January, with actual COMPETITION, with games such as Darksiders, Mass Effect, and others to compete for sales.

Soriku said:
gansito said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:

AAAUGH

i'm not, there was a lack of core games for the wii in 2009, the game was well received and the wii has 2.5x more userbase than the PS3, yet it barely outsold Bayonetta PS3, which was released in January, with actual COMPETITION, with games such as Darksiders, Mass Effect, and others to compete for sales.

MadWorld released around the time KZ2, Halo Wars, and RE5 did. Not seeing your point.

none of those games were on the wii... thanks for proving my point.

Soriku said:
gansito said:

none of those games were on the wii... thanks for proving my point.

Yeah, because there totally wouldn't be a lot of multiconsole owners who would have to choose between games...

@ Gansito - ^ This + if you discount these games because they were not on the Wii, why do you mention Mass Effect which is on the 360 as affecting Bayonetta on the PS3? No need for an answer, this was a rhetorical question.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin