By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Need Help... Fast!

My PS3 is set to 1080i, because i had it on the TV in the front room... That TV recently broke and wont switch on.

Anyway, i just moved my PS3 back to my room and it's still set to 1080i, the only problem is... My TV is 1080p.

I can't play anything. It's just a blue screen with my TV saying "Mode not supported". Is there a way for me to get it back to 1080p, or do i have to wait for the other TV to be fixed?

Oh, and the 1080i/p thing may be mixed up... I am not 100% sure which one of those my TV is on but it's on one of them, and my TV doesn't support it!

Help

Around the Network

I believe if you hold the power button for a really long time as you turn on the system it resets the output settings to the lowest possible.

Do a hard reset.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Hold down the power button on the ps3 and it should adjust to the current tv's settings

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

cant you reset the settings via power button holding and set it to 1080p from your 5xx resolution with the Cable, that was in the PS3s box?

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

every 1080p screen supports 1080i, so the TV in your room probably is 1080i at most

hold the stand-by button when switching on for ~10secs (until it beeps again after the initial beep) to reset the video mode - after that it should work

Wait thats messed up....how can a 1080p t.v not be able to do 1080i?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

When your PS3 is off, h down the power button to turn it on, but keep holding it til it makes a bunch of beeps and shuts back off. Then just turn it back on and the display setting of your PS3 should be back to default SD and working, so you can set it to 1080p when you're on ur XMB.

You have to hold the power button till it makes two noises in a row and afterwards one noise again. The screen should come back afterwards.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

jesus kung fu magic said:

Wait thats messed up....how can a 1080p t.v not be able to do 1080i?

"Oh, and the 1080i/p thing may be mixed up... I am not 100% sure which one of those my TV is on but it's on one of them, and my TV doesn't support it"... I knew i had that messed up ¬_¬

Thanks everyone, anyway. I almost needed new pants. I'm in your debt!

@tor, lock?