By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy Review--SPONSORED BY SONY!

endurance said:
mancandy said:
Mario is vulnerable to Ratchet & Clank?

hahahahahahahaha

yeah i agree with you,but ratchet is a very good game

Yes...very good game. Very well made. I've played all of them except for the PS3 one.

Mario eats other mascots for breakfast.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Here's some more Ben Fritz snippets...

About "Mario Party 8":

Graphics are a big improvement over "Mario Party 7," but won't impress anybody who has had a glimpse of a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

About "Super Paper Mario":

Players will miss the ergonomic feel of modern controllers for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Legend11 said:
cAPSLOCK said:

I stumbled across this review of Mario Galaxy last night on Variety. It's pretty blatantly obvious that they're bashing the game because of Sony sponsorship. I don't mean in a subtle way, I mean blantant advertising while bashing Galaxy. An example of the review:

"Fans may claim that the graphics are good “for the Wii,” but that argument quickly grows tired. There’s clever art design on many of the planets Mario visits, but given the vastly superior quality of the graphics in a game like “Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction,” currently available for the PS3, “Galaxy” looks old fashioned and lifeless."

Needless to say it's a pretty funny review, so I sent it to Joystiq and Kotaku so they could enjoy the laughs, too.

So I go back to Joystiq this morning and the article is up!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/14/variety-says-mario-galaxy-shows-wiis-weaknesses/

Only problem?

They linked to this version of the article:

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117935396.html?categoryid=1023&cs=1

And I sent them this version of the article (notice "Sponsored by Sony" near the top)

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117935396.html?categoryid=1269&cs=1

Maybe joystiq loves flamebait instead of actual comedy news?

I've looked at Ben Fritz's other reviews and they seem to point out flaws in other games as well and from the ones I've played they seem to be pretty spot on. He also seems to be a well respected journalist. So what exactly are you claiming? That he is being paid off by Sony? Do you have any proof of this or are you just basically trying to defame the guy and Variety as well? My guess for the reason why Joystiq didn't go with your claim is because they likely didn't want to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit. Somehow I doubt you would be there with proof to help defend them or to pay their legal fees.

If he were a respected journalist he wouldn't be writing for Variety. Saying a Variety reporter is a respected journalist is like saying that Mary Hart is a respected news anchorwoman.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
fkusumot said:

About "Mario Party 8":

Graphics are a big improvement over "Mario Party 7," but won't impress anybody who has had a glimpse of a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

Players will miss the ergonomic feel of modern controllers for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

This guy is obvouisly a retard.

How the hell am I going to miss playing a Nintendo game with 360 or PS3 controllers?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

isn't variety a hollywood news magizine for drug addicted quazi-literates?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

sony=shit if they really approved that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

masschamber said:
isn't variety a hollywood news magizine for drug addicted quazi-literates?

Yes, it's an entertainment industry trade newspaper.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

Whaha... Good he didn't give the game a score... So it won't be on Metacritics or Gamerankings ...

What a fuckin retard... He's bashing the game because of the Wii-mote?! Doesn't like the fact that you have the nunchuk and wii-mote in seperate hands?! What, first time he's playing a Wii-game or what?!

Sponsored by Sony?! U'r fokin kiddin me?!... RETARD!

And the best part: He's actually saying that Ratchet and Clank is COMPETITION to Mario... U'r kiddin me right?! R&C is just another game that scores high 8's... A good game in its league... Mario is.... Symbol of gaming or something equally big... He's the most STUPID guy EVER!...

And now, back to business... Ignore that filthy reviewer... ...

THE NETHERLANDS

fkusumot said:

About "Mario Party 8":

LOL.  Modern controllers that haven't changed much in the last 15 years.

fkusumot said:

About "Mario Party 8":

EPIC.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.