By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy Review--SPONSORED BY SONY!

Astrodust said:
We can all laugh at Variety when Galaxy wins GOTY.

yep i agree i think mario galaxy will win GOTY in most of the sites

Around the Network
Chadius said:
I can't see Mario's nosehairs! Wii graphix SUC

.../sarcasm

lol

mancandy said:
Mario is vulnerable to Ratchet & Clank?

hahahahahahahaha

It's funny because the two games clearly aren't even in the same league.  R&C is just another sub-90% game whereas Galaxy is actually in contention for highest reviewed game ever.

"Holding the nunchuk, which moves Mario, and the Wii-mote, which makes him jump and spin, in separate hands, is an awkward arrangement."

ok thats probably the stupidest part of the review

Legend11 said:
@fazz

Here's his Halo 3 review:

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117934851.html?categoryid=1023&cs=1

Uhm, yeah Legend, I looked at other reviews of his. I can obviously see he's biased against Nintendo. Here's a quote of another review of his, for Dementium: The Ward, for the DS.

"Dementium: the Ward" is merely a competent horror game, but because it brings intensity and scares to Nintendo's ultra-popular handheld console for the first time, it should enjoy outsize interest among adult DS owners desperate to play something more mature than "Pokemon."

So obviously his view of the DS, is that it only consists of Pokemon. I am sure many adults here can name a plethora of games they want to play on the DS.

Edit: In the two Nintendo reviews of his I've seen, he sure likes to take jabs at the systems and Nintendo rather than focusing on reviewing the game.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

I guess he only uses the one handed controllers on his PS3.... wait a minute. :)

Legend11 said:
@fazz

Here's his Halo 3 review:

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117934851.html?categoryid=1023&cs=1

there is also no sponsored by sony tag there...hmmmmm

I for one am having trouble putting my hands together to hold a standard game controller :)

It was weird. Despite acknowledging that the game is astonishing and fun, he seems to have the mindset that "It would just be so much better if it had better graphics". As a long time gamer, that does not make sense to me.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I love having my hands separate...even if it's a "traditional" game, like Mario, it's great because I can rest my hands in whatever position I want, instead of keeping them close together with a regular gamepad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )