By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I now have more Wii games than N64 games.

Yesterday I bought my 8th Wii game, Super Mario Galaxy.  I have 7 N64 games, so I now have more games for my Wii in its first year than I had games for my N64, ever.

Now, to be fair, two of my Wii games are actually my girlfriend's games, and I probably wouldn't have bought them myself.  Also, I have an N64 game for the Virtual Console, and there are at least two more N64 games currently out on the VC that I will buy when I have time to play them.  But that being said, there are at least three more already-released Wii games that I will buy when I have time to play them, too.

Regardless of how you want to count, the Wii has been massively more successful in terms of good software.

Around the Network

gratz and agreed. i had a N64 and a GC and was mostly disapointed in both consols. I'm extreemly happy with my Wii. xD

kitler53 said:
gratz and agreed. i had a N64 and a GC and was mostly disapointed in both consols. I'm extreemly happy with my Wii. xD

I actually wasn't disappointed by either, but I played a LOT of PC games in the N64 era.  I have 20 Gamecube games.

i have 18 gamecube games which i bought for three years,and i already have 12 wii games which i have bought for 5 months

disappointed by n64??? you've got to be kidding me. that system is absolutely amazing. easily the best multiplayer system ever, plus its got some of the best one player games ever too. gamecube was awesome too, although definitely not as good as 64.

anyway i have 37 n64 games and 23 cube games. and there's only about 5-7 more n64 games and 4-6 more cube games that i plan on getting. it'll be interesting to see if i get more wii games than the previous two systems. right now i have 4 wii games but there is currently at least 7 wii games that are already out that i plan to eventually get. add to that ssbb, mario kart, and no more heroes and thats at least 14 by the spring. i'm pretty sure the wii will at least dominate the cube in terms of how many games i want.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

Entroper - I hope you're not counting Wii Sports or Wii Play!

I would count them.

Lol... 23 in hand, if not sold, 25, still more N64 games though and same amount as GC games, but will most likely reach the N64 level around beginning next year for sure. I have about 30-35 N64 games.

@Frank, lol, you're funny :D I'm counting WII Sports with it, since its a Japanese version and you need to buy the game seperate, there's no harm to consider it as a seperate game :D 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

fkusumot said:

Entroper - I hope you're not counting Wii Sports or Wii Play!

I would count them.

i counted wii sports,so with out that i have 11 wii games

I had about 20 N64 games. I got my N64 when I got my first job, and I only put half of that money into a bank account. The other half I did with as I pleased or spent on my car, so I put a lot of money down on $60 or even $70 N64 games right at release.

Right now I already have 16 Wii games. And I will have had my Wii for a year in early December.

Have to say I'm still buying GC games when I can,... bought 3 games for a bargain, new at play asia about 2 weeks ago. Eternal Darkness, DK Jungle Beat and...rats... what was the other one... scusme.....*checks drawer*.

Ah yes of course Starfox Adventures :P

Still looking for the JP versions of all the Metroid Prime games to play on my WII for instance, but they are kind of expensive new :(.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo