By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have a problem..... with a girl

I'm going to have to agree that it's way too risky given the respect she's showing her current BF. However, if you're willing to take that risk, you're going to have to let her know in no uncertain terms that she's going to have to do choose. You seem to have a moral code very similar to mine; so I definitely understand your not wanting to force a decision to break them up. However, either way, your feelings have grown, and at this point, continuing to persue this will only hurt you more in one way or another. If you do have her choose, you will feel bad for a bit, but if you two really seem to be compatable at that next level you don't want to go at as things stand, you may forget about it. (And I don't mean just good sex.) Conversely, if you wait for her to decide, your attraction to her may continue to increase, tugging at your very moral that, quite frankly, I think is good, about doing stuff with someone who's taken. And that will eat at you for a long time.

But I'm going to ultimately say to cut the string. I like to joke the the only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history. But she now has a known history to you on flirting with other guys. You don't know how far back that goes. I don't know her, so anything I say here isn't a definitive, but just a possibility. I think that her doing this is a trust thing from the male side of the equation- her doing this makes it too hard to trust her in my eyes. It may be that she gets a rush off of the new relationship feeling. Or, worse, it may be that she knows its easier to play patsy on someone in a new relationship to get material stuff they want. (Again, that may be wrong.) But either way, if you get with her, there's nothing stopping her from finding another guy and repeating the cycle. While there's a saying that it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, it just makes the hurt that much worse. I see it as taking the hurt of ending it now, or letting it build up interest if you continue to be with her.

The exception to that, though, is something that really is tough to find out. And that would be her having no actual history of this, AND finding out that she genuinely has liked you. This is a possibility, however, confirming it may take a lot of work, some of which you may also regret. Asking her outright could (rightfully) cause her to question the love between the pair, and may drive her away. Or, it may insult or even hurt her that you would question it, and that tends to be a different sort of problem. Doing this has the best chance of wrecking the friendship you two have, but it's another way to find out what her thoughts, and thus which angle you would feel more comfortable going at, if you're willing to take that huge risk. Personally, I wouldn't, but if you're at a complete loss, it might be the first step to take.

Either way, love ending hurts, and you're both in for some. The least painful way would be if you are with her, and she stays with you for life. (Of course, it's kinda hard for it to end in this case, unless she dies before you.) Any other way stings, and I truthfully would look to try to minimize this on yourself.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

she never cheated on her bf gang, I dident do anything xept dance with her

O-D-C said:
she never cheated on her bf gang, I dident do anything xept dance with her

Which is why I don't think this will be a problem, so long as you trust her. You just have to remember that in the end, you know how you're feeling, and the pointers we're giving you could be all wrong for you. You have to make a decision that you are happy about. Be honest with her and trust her.

But if you're going to "quit", I think it's better to do it sooner rather than later.

I thought you said she wanted to have sex, but you opted not to.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Where's Esmoreit when you need him?

I have no experience with dating other than crappy sitcoms having this same situation.

Here's what you do, both of you sing at the high school talent show (you and her bf), and watch to see who she chooses. If it isn't you, proceed to overdose on sleeping pills and plant your head face down in the toilet.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

She's playing you. Right now, you're the safe backup plan in case she ever decides to leave her boyfriend or he breaks up with her for some reason. It's a classic female move.

If you really like the girl, just walk away. Cut off communication and move on. If she contacts you in six months sans boyfriend, re-evaluate the situation.

If you're not sure how you really feel about her, get her drunk and sleep with her. Then walk away, cut off communication, and move on.

The second option is only really suitable if you're a vengeful bastard like me.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

How is the vengeful rocket? Wouldn't it be more cruel to make her dump the dude then leave her in the dust too? Your way is kinda merciful.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Hey he doesn't have to cut off communications, they can be mates. That's why he should get with someone else, or at least mess around with someone else.

KingFate said:

ya but that dosent count as actually, cheating, it almost happened but dident

O-D-C said:
KingFate said:

ya but that dosent count as actually, cheating, it almost happened but dident

aye but it only didnt happen cos of you.. SHE would have cheated. and in a court of law,attempt is punishable as severely as the action itself, because if you hadnt stopped it she'd have done it anyway.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.