By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Best Games OVERALL! (And the winner is....)

Who is calling this list? Freekin new age games whose first system was a PS2...

Id rather play Maro on NES, Contra 3 and at least 10 other games before any of these games.

EDIT - I just realized its this decade. Nevermind. Decent list.

Around the Network

The only thing they got right was the first place.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Wait... is this of the decade or of all time.

If it's the latter, they have to be insane not to having OoT or any NES/Snes games on the list and not giving Starcraft the number 1 place that it deserves.

I LOVE ICELAND!

pastro243 said:
freebs2 said:
Half Life 2 for the first place= I can agree with that
No Metroid Prime in the list= Blasphemy!
Uncharted 2 =doesn't deserve to be on the list

Why not? It got a lot of critical acclaim.

How can they judge the importance of a game in a decade when it's only been out for 2 months? and beside that I don't agree with all the critical acclaim it has got. It's a game with gorgeus graphics and presentation but beside that it hasn't got anything that I haven't seen in other games before and it's also too repetitive in my opinion. Lots of games deserve a lot more to be on that list, -there isn't even Resident Evil4- I even preferred Jak2 also made by naughty dog instead

KungKras said:
Wait... is this of the decade or of all time.

If it's the latter, they have to be insane not to having OoT or any NES/Snes games on the list and not giving Starcraft the number 1 place that it deserves.

Look at the banner in the OP lol

Decade.

Around the Network

you can't be serious

mM

...i strongly disagree with this one...

So they chose the Zelda clone over Zelda.

I love Okami (my sixth favorite game of all time) but c'mon.

Wait, does this include handhelds? If so, Professor Layton totally deserves a spot!
Personally I would probably put Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice on the list as well. I haven't experienced such a wonderful story in...ages.

Also, they should have put Wii Sports as #1 for the incredible meltdowns it would bring.

BS BS BS.
Completed HL2 a few weeks ago. It's just not a good game. It's a generic corridor crawl with bugger all story, bugger all tactics, and the only good parts are the last two levels because of a)Seeing the inside of the Combine HQ b)The all-new-and-improved Gravity Gun.
Halo was made in 2000 and a far, far more influential game than HL2 ever was.
Also what about other genre defying games such as Devil May Cry, God of War, Soul Caliber 2, Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament, Perfect Dark etc?
What a god-awful pile of crap to pick as being the best of the decade.

Then again their choices for the best films for the decade can be described as malignant to the art of film making, missing films such as Gladiator, The Departed, Broke Back Mountain, Last King of Scotland, Downfall etc.