By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like the 'Mother' franchise to be released outside Japan?

I'd like to give it a try, Virtual Console release please Nintendo.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

I was waiting for EarthBound to be released on VC, but until now...

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Innervate said:
I personally don't see what's so special about the series. I played Earthbound, thought it was passable and never had the urge to play the other games.

The gameplay is standard.  The humor and writing(even by today's standards, it is fantastic) were what made Earthbound standout.  Yes, I would like the Mother series to be released outside Japan.  Especially if all 3 were on released on 1 DS cart called the Earthbound collection.

Would you like the 'Mother' franchise to be released outside Japan?

This is a rhetorical question, right?

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Heck yes, as a compilation on DS. Make it happen, Nintendo!

Also, that 2nd pic in the OP scared me. You should put a warning of some sort up in the title before posting such scary material, man!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Innervate said:
I personally don't see what's so special about the series. I played Earthbound, thought it was passable and never had the urge to play the other games.

The gameplay is standard.  The humor and writing(even by today's standards, it is fantastic) were what made Earthbound standout.  Yes, I would like the Mother series to be released outside Japan.  Especially if all 3 were on released on 1 DS cart called the Earthbound collection.

The gameplay is hardly standard - it included several innovations to make battles more dynamic and leveling less of a hassle. I've yet to play another JRPG as well-balanced as EarthBound and Mother 3.

hellz ya!

Is this really a question? I would pay upwards of moderate amounts of money to see this happen.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

And this thread reminds to go home and get on starting a play through of Mother 3.

Nintendo seems to want that franchise to stay dead, as far as i can see. I mean, it hasn't seen the light of day on VC anywhere, even in Japan where this should be less of a legal/localization/whatever hassle, right?

A three-in-one remake would be the best bet, but it would have to be something that would revise the various games, because clearly there's something there that's convincing Nintendo to not touch that franchise with a 10-foot pole (aside from Smash Bros)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.