By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like the 'Mother' franchise to be released outside Japan?

Everyone want the franchise to release outside japan.

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Nintendo seems to want that franchise to stay dead, as far as i can see. I mean, it hasn't seen the light of day on VC anywhere, even in Japan where this should be less of a legal/localization/whatever hassle, right?

A three-in-one remake would be the best bet, but it would have to be something that would revise the various games, because clearly there's something there that's convincing Nintendo to not touch that franchise with a 10-foot pole (aside from Smash Bros)

It might have something to do with the fact that Earthbound bombed when it originally came out and that Miyamoto hates RPGs.

Riachu said:
Mr Khan said:

Nintendo seems to want that franchise to stay dead, as far as i can see. I mean, it hasn't seen the light of day on VC anywhere, even in Japan where this should be less of a legal/localization/whatever hassle, right?

A three-in-one remake would be the best bet, but it would have to be something that would revise the various games, because clearly there's something there that's convincing Nintendo to not touch that franchise with a 10-foot pole (aside from Smash Bros)

It might have something to do with the fact that Earthbound bombed when it originally came out and that Miyamoto hates RPGs.

Then how do you explain the Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and Golden Sun series?

yes, but I want ness, paula, jeff and pokey

Would love to see it outside Japan.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:
Riachu said:
Mr Khan said:

I forgot about those. 

Riachu said:
Mr. Fister said:
Riachu said:
Mr Khan said:

I forgot about those. 

I wonder if it has something to do with Itoi, myself. It clearly isn't just NoA. I mean, it's not there in Europe, it's not there in Japan. The legal reasoning cited by NoA lawyers at one point might have something to do with it, if it's something that European and Japanese legal codes cover, but there's gotta be something in there.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Yes because I loved Earthbound.

No, because it's almost impossible for me to play an RPG twice - chrono trigger might be the only example. And I already finished them all, so...

So, i'm only interested in a Mother 4, if there's ever one.
But, what a series... 3 games only and it's better than most rpg series out there (yeah, including Final fantasy, Tales, Star ocean and lots more)

of course. hell the fan translations are good and out there... and probably would sign away rights for pennies on the dollar just to get the games out.

Put em in a 3 for 1 DS package.

of course then i'd need to get a Ds...