By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One thing your glad has changed this Generation

online, nintendomination, and 2d mario back

Around the Network

I'd go with virtual console. It's so nice being able to play all the classics on basically one system.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

That my consoles don't freeze multiple times per week.
No wait.
That an exclusive feature for the next generation of consoles.

On topic:

1. Wiimote
2. bug fixing updates
3. downloadable games (In the next two years I am going to run out of space for my collection)
4. life long supply of gratis duct tape from Big N, to keep together what should not be seperated

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

* That Sony is no longer the behemoth that dominates the market.

* There's a lot less Japanese games on consoles in this gen since many Western devs who only made PC games are now always releasing on consoles, and not just ports but as the main platform. What I mean is that before this gen consoles were extremely dominated by Japanese games (and "Japanese style" games by Western devs), so being a traditional PC guy consoles didn't attract me that much. Now it's more even between Japanese and Western.

online multiplayer for me, taken up much of my free time

Around the Network

- Nintendo came up with Motion controls and set a new standart for gaming.

- Sony is in last place and I'm happy with that despite considering to buy a PS3. They deserve to be where they are now for their arrogance.

- Online is a big hit this gen!

1. New controller interfaces
2. Fully downloadable games from PSN, WiiWare, Live Arcade (& Steam although that started last gen)- as someone pointed out before, really good for indie devs.
3. Finally we have HD res on consoles

There's a lot of things I don't like about this gen too, but that'd be rather offtopic.

The addition of the IR pointer to the controller. I never knew I wanted it, but now that it is here, I never want it to go away.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)