By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One thing your glad has changed this Generation

Online gaming. This gen is a blast.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I don't like the power button in the controller, and i'll tell you why: power button in the control means that the system's power is now digitally controlled, rather than an actual analogue switch, which in turn means that the power button is just as useless as any other button when the system freezes/crashes, which in turn means you have to unplug the damn thing, instead of just hitting the power button

Not having to worry about having enough memory for game saves is something i like, though

I don't know about the 360, but I know that both Wii and PS3 have analogue buttons on the console itself.

Rainbird said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't like the power button in the controller, and i'll tell you why: power button in the control means that the system's power is now digitally controlled, rather than an actual analogue switch, which in turn means that the power button is just as useless as any other button when the system freezes/crashes, which in turn means you have to unplug the damn thing, instead of just hitting the power button

Not having to worry about having enough memory for game saves is something i like, though

I don't know about the 360, but I know that both Wii and PS3 have analogue buttons on the console itself.

I don't know about PS3, but i know Wii doesn't. It's a digital power button on the front of the console, unless something has changed (i have one of the launch batch).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

almost nothing..
HD is nice but thanks to it Final Fantasy 13 has no town, lol
well, maybe the XBM and all the things you can do with the PS3 i'd say.

but, for gaming itself.. I really hope thing starts get better in the next years

I like the fact that it's far more competitive this generation. Don't get me wrong the Wii is a huge success but it's not like in the PS2 days where one console got the lion's share of third party games.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Rainbird said:
Mr Khan said:

I don't know about PS3, but i know Wii doesn't. It's a digital power button on the front of the console, unless something has changed (i have one of the launch batch).

Hmm, I haven't had my Wii crash, but I assumed you could still turn it off with the power button. I know my PS3 can.

Rainbird said:

Hmm, I haven't had my Wii crash, but I assumed you could still turn it off with the power button. I know my PS3 can.

I know that when my Wii freezes (every time I try to connect to the Internet Channel... it's weird...) I just hold the power button for a few seconds (instead of just pressing it once) and it'll do a full shut down (red light and everything). Dunno if that works with every situation though...

Changes this gen that have me happy:

Cool new controller interfaces (WiiMote, Natal, Arc... bring it on!)
Both Mario and Sonic back in 2D Glory. It's a beautiful thing.
Bigger focus on social gaming.
Indie developers having a viable market to sell their games (WiiWare, Live Arcade, PSN)

1) online game store's for all three system's being able to get those indie developer's game's and give them a chance to shine.

2) where all three system's do more than just game's, I like the convergence

3) more support for the systems for much longer time an the game systems will have a longer time  on the market due to the recession, it is going to in my Opinion make it less likely any new systems get released sooner rather than later and the current systems get more software support for a longer time. I n my opinion the graphic's this generation for game's have been way above my expectation's for game console's, that to me is pretty great.

4) less an less gaming on my PC an instead use it for work..:P, which is why I bought a game console in the first place..that's to play game's!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

1. Wireless controller w/ built-in battery

2. Online gaming

3. Demos

@Smeags - Indie developers having a viable market to sell their games (WiiWare, Live Arcade, PSN)

I agree, the best thing about this generation.