By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The moderation system on this website is flawed

I feel for you.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

Was it tougher than being banned for the affair with Mrs. Nordlead?

@naznatipis - Other forms of football require tactics aswell, take Rugby Union - you need to plan ahead and use tactics+skill to dominate the game/ create opportunities to score a try. Or even cricket where you must plan ahead how you want your field set, what are you aiming for with the bowling, what do you consider an acceptable run rate, etc.

As for Sports like Soccer, Rugby League and AFL - they also require tactics, its just that the game is designed around both teams having lots of rapid opportunities to attack / defend which makes it appear to viewers who don't fully understand the game that each side is just is just banging their heads against a wall.

American football is for sissies who like wearing tights and need padding on every part of their body because they're afraid of grass burn. Real men play Rugby!

Aprisaiden said:
@naznatipis - Other forms of football require tactics aswell, take Rugby Union - you need to plan ahead and use tactics+skill to dominate the game/ create opportunities to score a try. Or even cricket where you must plan ahead how you want your field set, what are you aiming for with the bowling, what do you consider an acceptable run rate, etc.

As for Sports like Soccer, Rugby League and AFL - they also require tactics, its just that the game is designed around both teams having lots of rapid opportunities to attack / defend which makes it appear to viewers who don't fully understand the game that each side is just is just banging their heads against a wall.

Yes yes it doesn't literally involve zero tactics. I was exaggerating. Soccer is a somewhat tactical sport, and I always watch much of the world cup, if nothing else. It's also one of my favorite sports to play. It just doesn't have the same amount of tactics, and defnitely not the same amount of strategy. The thing about soccer is that while there is an important strategy for each position/player, not all teams are actually structured in a unique enough way to offer much variation on that basic strategy, whereas no two NFL teams play alike.

@ Okey, I sort of agree with you, actually. NFL isn't meant to be the most violent of sports, it's meant to be the most strategic. Rugby is definitely more brutal. No argument there.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Aprisaiden said:

Yes yes it doesn't literally involve zero tactics. I was exaggerating. Soccer is a somewhat tactical sport, and I always watch much of the world cup, if nothing else. It's also one of my favorite sports to play. It just doesn't have the same amount of tactics, and defnitely not the same amount of strategy. The thing about soccer is that while there is an important strategy for each position/player, not all teams are actually structured in a unique enough way to offer much variation on that basic strategy, whereas no two NFL teams play alike.

@ Okey, I sort of agree with you, actually. NFL isn't meant to be the most violent of sports, it's meant to be the most strategic. Rugby is definitely more brutal. No argument there.

Never heard of the discussion between Total Football and Catenaccio?

zexen_lowe said:
naznatips said:
Aprisaiden said:

Never heard of the discussion between Total Football and Catenaccio?

Of course, but that's two tactical schemes. Realize that in the NFL there are entire offensive schemes that are used by a single team. For example, no one else in the 32 team NFL runs the wildcat offense of the Miami Dolphins (well, the Jets tried somtimes). It's a completely unique makeup, and yet it actually works really well. Think about how amazing that is, for the amount of options to be so varried that one team can use a completely 100% unique strategy and be competitive with all the others.

yuck, only a bunch of silly men could turn a thread about mod-banning into one about stupid football ¬_¬;

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
yuck, only a bunch of silly men could turn a thread about mod-banning into one about stupid football ¬_¬;

It's stupid because Scotland hasn't qualified to a WC in 12 years?

zexen_lowe said:
trashleg said:

It's stupid because Scotland hasn't qualified to a WC in 12 years?

no, its stupid cos i don't have a penis.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.