By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Toys R Us ran by f'ing morons!!!

So yesterday I called my closest TRU to get the info on the Galaxy deal.

phone rings....

Girl: ..blahblah...thank you...blah toys r us...blah help you.

me: Can I have video games please.

Girl: Are you just needing to check stock on something.

me:  Well, I noticed your deal of SMG and wanted to know more info, like, stock leves and blah blah.

Girl: It starts tomorrow and I have been getting calls all day about it. You probably want to get here early.

me: wow, all day. So, are you receiving a sizable quantity or should I be there at open.

Girl: Definitely at open. It has been pretty much every call.

me: ok great. thanks. Oh btw, will you have any Wii's. I may pick up a 2nd for a gift.

Girl: let me check [sets down phone].......lalalalladdooododdadada.....[picks up phone] no, we won't have any.

me: ok thanks. 

I have enjoyable evening at home planning on dropping kids off at grandma's early so I can be at the store at least 1hr before open. Next day I get there 45mins before they open and no one is waiting. I think cool, no line. About 10 mins till open only a handfull of people there and of them maybe 5 including me for SMG. I'm like wow, so where are all the people calling yesterday?

They open I go to game section, first, and the kid there says to all 5 of us "If your here for Galaxy, our shipment has not arrived yet". W..T..F.

me: Are you serious, you don't have stock of your advertised one day sale?

kid: yes sorry, dhl hasn't delivered yet. It usually arrives between now and 2pm.

I head to customer service, and decide to talk to manager since I now must go to work and will not be able to be back until the evening at which time I may miss out on the deal.

me: hi, i called yesterday [see above] and your operator said that you would have some and due to demand I should definitely arrive at open. I'm here and you have no stock. Why would you tell people to show up knowing you might not have the stock?

manager: sorry dhl hasn't delivered. I can't control dhl delivery times.

me: I would a raincheck or some other form of garauntee that when I show up after work I can get a copy.

manager: sorry I can't do that the ad says that we have until 5pm to have it in stock.

me: can you show me the ad. 

manager: look see "by 5pm".

me: So why would you tell people to come at open.

manager: i apologize, there is nothing I can do. You will have to check back later.

me: you can't even take my name/phone to let me know when it arrives?

manager: no sorry. 

me: [in my head] you fat fucker (he was unkept and largely overweight, didn't even look like a manager). learn how to fucking run a retail store. don't let your minimum wage workers tell bullshit over the phone unless it is fucking garaunteed to happen!!![out my mouth] thanks. bye.

Seriously, I worked retail. You don't tell people something unless you are 100% it will happen. That was such bullshit. Now, I have to call throughout the day to see if they have stock and either take and extended lunch to ensure I can take advantage of the deal or hope that they still have stock at like 6pm.  

Around the Network

WOW....now that is absolutely bullshit. That fat fu*ker!!!!!

i feel your pain...if it makes you feel any better i cant get the game till proably christmas

+1 Fat fucker
-1 superchunk

I was thinking about dropping by TRU today, don't know if I want to deal with any people that don't know how to do their jobs. Even the thought of calling them makes me cringe.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

that girl that you talked to on the phone was probably 16 and didn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. Low payed people usually get scrapped from the bottom of the barrel; ESPECIALLY in retail.

Around the Network

The ad says 5 pm. I'll check it out at 9:30 when I get off work.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

I'll do you one better, my TRU already had their delivery come in and still didn't have it. I got it at Wal*Mart this morning. Just another reason Wal*Mart pwns~

Playing now, just took a break to check the boards and see how people are enjoying the game....so far its Fan-F'n-tastic. I am hoping to get more play time in before other people arrive and want to play QQ.

To Each Man, Responsibility

So you would rather spend the extra $25? Then wait for them? I'm too cheap.

You know what...I'm not cheap enough.

It takes me WAY too long to get to Toys R us from here...like the whole process would be an hour and a half after getting off work at 6 pm...they could even sell out by then.

So I think I'm just gonna pass on the $25 deal and just get it at a store nearby.

Besides...I'm probably not going to purchase another Wii game for at least a month...I've got some PC stuff I want to buy on Black Friday, and I still have free Gamefly through December, so yeah...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm going after work. The $25 deal is the clincher for me. My kids need shoes for the winter, so I can get Galaxy and shoes for the kids for $50. Not bad.