By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Toys R Us ran by f'ing morons!!!

My TRU got 100 copies yesterday and sold them in an hour. They are getting 250 more today and another 100 tomorrow.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Is customer service usually that shitty in the US?

Having worked retail, I can tell you with complete confidence that customer service is almost always better than customers make it out to be.

Ok. Got the call, the game is finally in. Will pick up after work today.

i also got the call, showed up to a line 20 people long

they also got 50 wii's in....

at 11:00- they sold out by the time i was halfway thru the line. (at 1:00)--5 people were disappointed.

got my galaxy and my gift card (and that is the onyl reason why i went to tru...the 25 dollar gift card.

You guys are lucky. Our Toys R Us got 4 copies in stock after doing 38 preorders. To this day, I still have not seen any in stock. Trying to save myself the drive today, I called. "I'm sorry, we cannot quote the availability of that product due to the demand, you'll need to come into the store." What?!?! You can't give me a simple "yes" or "no"? I mean, if you don't have it, just tell me!

So I went to best buy thinking to price match. "No, sorry, we don't do any free product offers." but...but...but, I'm paying over $100 for this "free" product. "I'm sorry."

>

Around the Network

You people do realize that the game was available for preorder for several months right? It is really unfair to be mad at TRU when the ad clearly stated that the game might not be in until 5 pm and it was available for preorder. Things have been this way for games FOREVER. Most of the time the launch date doesn't mean "available at open", it means available wehn the shipping services run on that day. Also, if you don't preorder a game that you KNOW will sell out I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. 5 bucks gurantees you a copy, except for a few random stores that get lost in the shuffle and don't receive enough copies. However, you have no room to complain if you did not reserve the game...

solidarii said:
You people do realize that the game was available for preorder for several months right? It is really unfair to be mad at TRU when the ad clearly stated that the game might not be in until 5 pm and it was available for preorder. Things have been this way for games FOREVER. Most of the time the launch date doesn't mean "available at open", it means available wehn the shipping services run on that day. Also, if you don't preorder a game that you KNOW will sell out I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. 5 bucks gurantees you a copy, except for a few random stores that get lost in the shuffle and don't receive enough copies. However, you have no room to complain if you did not reserve the game...

Then why did the girl state that you should be there at open.  How hard was it for her to say: "It's coming tommorow but the delivery time is from X:XX AM to X:XX PM." This is not about not reserving a game and not getting a copy. It's about the retail's responsibility to inform the customer accurately and truthgully.

And in my case, 34 people didn't get it after preordering, so what good did it do for them to reserve a copy?

TRU is not at fault here.

As you read in the call discourse in the first post, DHL is late getting them their shipment.

DHL is one of several suppliers of electronics to major retailers across the US. There are several and it usually depends on your state but I think DHL covers almost all of them.

DHL is responsible for shipping to each store so if your product isn't there for your big one day sale, that's who you point the finger at.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I hate how they have a lot of empty copies on the floor but none behind the glass, at open. I was in the store at 9:03 am to get Fire Emblem, had the empty copy on hand and when it was my turn in line the clerk tells me it's sold out. You would think TRU would remove the copies that were sold out to avoid confusion (at least do it at the end of the day) but you'll be wrong.

I ended up buying online because it was buy 2 get 1 free day and I had the $25 GC.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"