By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Toys R Us ran by f'ing morons!!!

As much as that's bullshit, I'd blame DHL and not Toys R Us. At least initially. The fact that the fat guy wouldn't even bother to let you know when it came in is interesting to say the least, bullshit to say the most.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Ahhhhhh!

I work at Toys R Us, as many know. I have zero loyalty to the company; what I'm about to say isn't motivated by love of my corporate mother. I'm just a low level guy earning money while in college.

But seriously, there is exactly one type of customer I hate, and it's the ones who think that its our fault when games don't arrive on time or we don't have enough of them or something. The girl was absolutely correct to assume the game would be there when it is supposed to arrive. She is absolutely correct that the game is likely to sell out. The only problem here was DHL, and Toys R Us has no control over that. It isn't their fault: you're just blaming them because they happen to be the people standing in front of you when you found out.

I would have done precisely the same thing as that girl/manager, by the way. There's absolutely no way to know that a shipment is going to be delayed by DHL. Should we have told you to come at 2, when the new shipment arrives? I can tell you this: if that had been my store, you wouldn't have gotten a copy, as we were already sold out at 1 PM. That would have made you even more pissed, I can assure you of that. They can't win.

And most people don't get upset, they just say "no problem" and move on, and come back later.

Sorry Bod, it was the girls fault.

As most customers, I did not notice the smaller print that said by 5pm. So I didn't know that the product was due to arrive on Tuesday, I thought, as always happened when I worked for Circuit City, it had already arrived the prior day and would be available on Tuesday.

She should have said it wasn't in the store yet and should arrive sometime the next day before 5pm. Then I, as well as the other people she talked too, would not have showed up at opening. Instead I would have called throughout the day to see if the shipment had arrived.

I was not upset that because dhl was late, I was upset because a Toy R Us representative failed to inform the customer, me, correctly. In doing that, the customer had false expectations and was setup to be disgrutled.

So again, she was a moron and failed at her job. She is the front line person answer tons of different calls, and on that day many were the same. She should have already known that the correct answer is the game will come in some time tomorrow before 5pm. It is best to just call back tomorrow to see if we have recieved our stock. Instead she said that it will be in high demand come at opening. No mention that it was not in stock. No mention that dhl may be late. nada. zip. zero. 

i can see where both of you guys are coming from ---but the real fault lies with that fat bastard of a manager--

what he should have done is say okay can i have your information...okay when the game arives i will set a copy aside for you for a period of *blank* hours and if you dont pick it up by then i will put it back on the shelf....and i would like to say sorry the information got lost in translation---

@mesoteto, that would have been perfect.

hahahhaa, that me me LOL so hard... i went to toys r us at n00n, and some fat ugly goth chick was workin at the R zone.... and she didn't even know about mario galaxy

Around the Network

TRU typically always have morons working fort hem SuperChunk.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The same shit happened to me.  Yesterday I stop in at TRU to ask what time I should come in.  They tell me "the sooner the better".  On my way out I check the store hours to see what time they open.  I arrive today at 8:50.  That's 10 minutes early.  I am the only person waiting.  Feeling lucky I walk into the store at 9.  There sits an empty display.  I ask what's going on with SMG and the guy says they don't have it yet.  It will come on DHL before 5pm.  

Around noon I called back to check the status.  The lady tells me that DHL should be there at 2:30.  I arrive at 3:15.  The guy says "sorry but we sold out about two hours ago".  

Nice way of TRU saying "fuck you".

Well...the Toys R Us nearest me, which is actually quite far away, is sold out. So I've got a friend buying it for me from whatever store has it...I don't feel like waiting for the $25 gift card, especially since it'll be more like a $10 gift card after I waste gas going back and forth twice to get the use out of the card...my Jeep's a gas guzzler.

So yeah, my friend will buy it, I'll pay him back, and he'll get to play through the beginning before me, as payment hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

soup20000 said:

The same shit happened to me. Yesterday I stop in at TRU to ask what time I should come in. They tell me "the sooner the better". On my way out I check the store hours to see what time they open. I arrive today at 8:50. That's 10 minutes early. I am the only person waiting. Feeling lucky I walk into the store at 9. There sits an empty display. I ask what's going on with SMG and the guy says they don't have it yet. It will come on DHL before 5pm.

Around noon I called back to check the status. The lady tells me that DHL should be there at 2:30. I arrive at 3:15. The guy says "sorry but we sold out about two hours ago".

Nice way of TRU saying "fuck you".

Ok, yeah, that does suck. I'm surprised they had it yesterday at all though...I called multiple stores, TRU included, and I could barely finish my question before they said "it's not here today, it comes tomorrow." So I assumed no stores had it yesterday.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The guy at my store said he didnt know if he would be able to fill more than the pre orders and then told me to CALL before going to TRU. When I called they said they had a few left for non pre orders, I ran every red light and got there in record time and got the game and a $25 gift card.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling