By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Grinder no longer Wii Exclusive, liikely be worst on Wii.

The Grinder no longer Wii Exclusive, liikely be worst on Wii.

Wii 100 65.36%

X360 9 5.88%

PS3 23 15.03%

PC 21 13.73%

Total:153
famousringo said:
dontsee said:
does anyone know the latest trailer is for the wii? if it is, then they have done a really good job.

Yeah, those are Wii graphics in the teaser trailer. HD graphics probably aren't ready to be shown yet.

r u SURE? bcos from the trailer, the dynamic shadows, lightning does not look like wii can handle. in the interview they did talk about gfx improvements, but didn't exactly said the trailer is from wii.

on the other hand, if the trailer is indeed for wii, then they've done a spectacular job.

Around the Network

"r u SURE? bcos from the trailer, the dynamic shadows, lightning does not look like wii can handle. in the interview they did talk about gfx improvements, but didn't exactly said the trailer is from wii."

The page the trailer is on says it's for the Wii. And the Wii can handle dynamic shadows and lighting. The Conduit, and Super Mario Galaxy showed that.

So you're basing the assumption on something it's shown the Wii can already do.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

do you mean this page?

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14352829/the-grinder/videos/grinder_trl_teaser_20410.html

if so, it says 360/ps3 trailer when you view it on the 360/ps3 sections

Okay, that's the page format. But the polygon count and textures are still at Wii level. And again, that guy claims the effects are beyond what the Wii can do when we've see the Wii can do them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

dontsee said:
famousringo said:
dontsee said:
does anyone know the latest trailer is for the wii? if it is, then they have done a really good job.

Yeah, those are Wii graphics in the teaser trailer. HD graphics probably aren't ready to be shown yet.

r u SURE? bcos from the trailer, the dynamic shadows, lightning does not look like wii can handle. in the interview they did talk about gfx improvements, but didn't exactly said the trailer is from wii.

on the other hand, if the trailer is indeed for wii, then they've done a spectacular job.

At second glance I think it might be mixed footage. Try pausing the video at 31 seconds in. The geometry of the hat and the searchlight is too crude for an HD console. But if you look at the same character at 38 seconds, his hat geometry looks more refined. Maybe the angle just makes it look better.

HVS's engine is very capable of producing cool effects with the Wii's hardware.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

"At second glance I think it might be mixed footage."

Although it might be more of a mixing of how refined the elements are than mixing the systems. While the geometry is better, the texturing and polygon count is still at Wii level.

This seems strange to me. Maybe HVS thought The Conduit would do better, and when it didn't meet their expectations they were worried about their future being Wii-exclusive.

That is definitely the Wii version. It looks good for the Wii but bad for HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Here it is my defacto situation of "The Grinder and the Wii indecent".

HVS was working perfectly fine on The Grinder. However like last time they needed to find a publisher. Sega offered to publish the game only if they would make it Multiplatform. Sega offered this deal because they wanted to diversy of the target audience expanding it. ie they think the game will sell better on the PSC360. However Sega isn't going to suddenly drop Wii support.

HVS is not a Wii developer. They never were. As a small company they made a decision that producing a successful Wii game would be better than to take a risk and sink your company if a PS360 game doesn't turn into a mega million seller. There decision of course was right. They made money. No it's not a mega seller that most gamers seem to define as success

HVS had a choice. Go multiplat and get the funding or look for another publisher. The clearly weighed there future goals with Sega publishing offer. HVS is going to take a risk.

bye bye HVS. It was nice knowing you as a your own company, but either way HVS has lost. If the Grinder doesn't sell really well. HVS is going to lose out on a ton of cash and their risk will fail. Company will go under. If HVS succeeds really well. I can garuntee that Sega has a publishing clause that will allow them to buy HVS with the money made from their own game.(that's a standard clause in publishing contracts).

As for the game. I suspect this division will cause all versions to suffer.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
Here it is my defacto situation of "The Grinder and the Wii indecent".

HVS was working perfectly fine on The Grinder. However like last time they needed to find a publisher. Sega offered to publish the game only if they would make it Multiplatform. Sega offered this deal because they wanted to diversy of the target audience expanding it. ie they think the game will sell better on the PSC360. However Sega isn't going to suddenly drop Wii support.

HVS is not a Wii developer. They never were. As a small company they made a decision that producing a successful Wii game would be better than to take a risk and sink your company if a PS360 game doesn't turn into a mega million seller. There decision of course was right. They made money. No it's not a mega seller that most gamers seem to define as success

HVS had a choice. Go multiplat and get the funding or look for another publisher. The clearly weighed there future goals with Sega publishing offer. HVS is going to take a risk.

bye bye HVS. It was nice knowing you as a your own company, but either way HVS has lost. If the Grinder doesn't sell really well. HVS is going to lose out on a ton of cash and their risk will fail. Company will go under. If HVS succeeds really well. I can garuntee that Sega has a publishing clause that will allow them to buy HVS with the money made from their own game.(that's a standard clause in publishing contracts).

As for the game. I suspect this division will cause all versions to suffer.

That might be what is going on, or HVS is being smart and not putting too much into the HD versions, like the developers of Mini Ninjas (which made a profit despite selling about 500K across the Wii, 360, and PS3).

Although if Sega wanted to buy HVS, better them than EA.