By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Good debut weeks for No more heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

They're both doing pretty well.

I can't decide on my expectations for TvC, it's definitely not going to pull SFIV numbers but it's getting a decent marketing push and strong reviews. No one has a clue who Tasonoku (See I cant even spell them) are though so it's gonna get hampered.

Around the Network

TVC doing well at least helps pave the way for a new MVC (or Disney Vs Capcom?). I think that sort of game (Marvel, Dinsey or both) could be HUGE on Wii...

TvC had a good opening. I may pick it up myself when I have $$ to spare. Same with NMH2. But has anyone seen a commercial for NMH2 ANYWHERE? I know I haven't. Plus it opened to higher numbers than its predecessor, which is good..but sad that Ubi dropped the ball again. Still the first NMH was a niche game that earned a cult like following so maybe this game will leg it out in the long run.

Oh well. I'll get it eventually.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

hmmm, maybe i was too hopeful for NMH2, but I think the sales are a bit low. :( Better than most though. Lets hope it keeps going strong.

TvC has Others numbers and Japan numbers added into it's opening week. Expect NMH2 first week numbers to rise once it's actually released in Others and possibly Japan.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

For a game that seems like it would appeal to the Japanese, TVC is doing surprising well in America and surprisingly bad in Japan.

TvsC opened well in NA but no where's else. It's well suited to Wii audiences as it's easy to pick up and play but hard to master. The unknown Tatsunoko brand won't help though, but at least they are interesting characters. Hell, the Capcom brand is probably unknown to most Wii owners.

Regardless, I think this game could coast on legs for a long time at the $30 range.

NHM2 I'm troubled with. A sequel should be more front loaded but I'd expect 1.5 to 2x the original's openning numbers. Didn't do nearly that well. It's not my type of game to be honest, my son played the first one but was put off by the empty overworld. Many like him will be hard to win back unless they hear about how much better it is from friends who own the game. It also has more competition than the first one. When NMH's launched Wii was pretty bare of any action titles (aside from PS2 ports). Now there's plenty on the shelves.

I'm sure it'll sell enough to make Grasshopper happy (won't take much) but we'll have to see how it's legs hold out.

Wasn't TvC already released in Japan? Were those numbers reflected in the Jan. 30 sales figures, or is that considered a different release?

I also agree with griffinA's thought that NMH2 has not been released in Europe and Japan, so it may receive a significant boost in sales in the next weeks to months.

It also appears that Wii games don't sell on the same kind of curves as 360/PS3 games. Many Wii games have sales that completely pick up after the word of mouth has spread. The casual Wii gamer doesn't to be as concerned with picking up games during opening week. Just look at sales of Deadspace extraction which sold around 10k in opening week and are already over 200k. Just Dance is another game that started slow and then exploded (although TvC and NMH2 will never have the broad appeal of Just Dance).

I hope the word of mouth can spread with both NMH2 and TvC. I would like to see 3rd party developers take more risks like this in the future.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

I loved No more heroes but still have not picked up the new one. Kinda addicted to playing the original mass effect on pc. Between school, work, and a social life I havent had time to get it. I'll probably order it on amazon.

Gojimaster said:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom had a debut week of about 100,000

and No More Heroes 2 had a debut week of about 41,000 according to Vgchartz.

The original No More Heroes game had a debut week of 36,000.

Will the publishers be pleased with those numbers or underwhelmed? 

It seems Tatsunoko had a decent opening week, but No More Heroes might have struggled a bit-- I hope both of these games have strongs legs though.  Predictions?

I think Tasunoko can eventually get to 3/4 million and No More Heroes 2 to 400,000-500,000.

... I see what you did there.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046