By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Good debut weeks for No more heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

NMH2 had a good launch, TvC had a great launch.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

No more heroes seems like a bomb to me...I was expecting the opposite. 41k TvC NMH 83k. Neways...I'm glad for TvC.

TVC did 100K? wow, did not see that coming

Gamerace said:
TvsC opened well in NA but no where's else. It's well suited to Wii audiences as it's easy to pick up and play but hard to master. The unknown Tatsunoko brand won't help though, but at least they are interesting characters. Hell, the Capcom brand is probably unknown to most Wii owners.

Regardless, I think this game could coast on legs for a long time at the $30 range.

NHM2 I'm troubled with. A sequel should be more front loaded but I'd expect 1.5 to 2x the original's openning numbers. Didn't do nearly that well. It's not my type of game to be honest, my son played the first one but was put off by the empty overworld. Many like him will be hard to win back unless they hear about how much better it is from friends who own the game. It also has more competition than the first one. When NMH's launched Wii was pretty bare of any action titles (aside from PS2 ports). Now there's plenty on the shelves.

I'm sure it'll sell enough to make Grasshopper happy (won't take much) but we'll have to see how it's legs hold out.

Well, the thing is the overworld is non existent now and the game is definately much better than the first one.

@shakarak - do so ASAP, I thought it was worth it.

TVC doing 100k is actually really good, given that Wii isn't really the home of the fighting genre, it's a versus game, and it's a versus game that's 50% unknowns.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
dampowell said:
Gamerace said:
TvsC opened well in NA but no where's else. It's well suited to Wii audiences as it's easy to pick up and play but hard to master. The unknown Tatsunoko brand won't help though, but at least they are interesting characters. Hell, the Capcom brand is probably unknown to most Wii owners.

Regardless, I think this game could coast on legs for a long time at the $30 range.

NHM2 I'm troubled with. A sequel should be more front loaded but I'd expect 1.5 to 2x the original's openning numbers. Didn't do nearly that well. It's not my type of game to be honest, my son played the first one but was put off by the empty overworld. Many like him will be hard to win back unless they hear about how much better it is from friends who own the game. It also has more competition than the first one. When NMH's launched Wii was pretty bare of any action titles (aside from PS2 ports). Now there's plenty on the shelves.

I'm sure it'll sell enough to make Grasshopper happy (won't take much) but we'll have to see how it's legs hold out.

Well, the thing is the overworld is non existent now and the game is definately much better than the first one.

True enough, but unless you're following the game on review sites or know someone with it, you wouldn't know that.

dampowell said:
No more Heroes 2 had less advertising than the first one in NA and somehow it managed to do better than the 1st. I hope the word of mouth keeps it strong. ESPECIALLY considering the game is so much better than the 1st one in almost every respect.

Yeah NMH2's Naomi is such a big improvement from the first one's.

Gamerace said:
dampowell said:
Gamerace said:

True enough, but unless you're following the game on review sites or know someone with it, you wouldn't know that.

Sad but true. Tell your son to give the new one a try ;)

Great Opening for TvC...

4 days in NA= 80 000
1 day in Others= 10 000
2 days in Japan= 9 500

not surprising but not bad..

Saludos!!

i am glad for TvC it really deserve it sales it's a great game, and not so bad numbers for another great game NMH2 but it'd get better numbers if Ubishit try to advertise this a little bit for a while

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.