By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed GOTY?

I have a feeling this game will have many flaws. But I'm buying it anyways.

And no way it's GOTY when it's up against Mass Effect, Galaxy, BioShock and the Orange Box.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

@tetsuo shima

If anything Id say SMG is the only "fresh" game. Fresh meaning a game without super realistic graphics and violence and to top it all off a platformer.

Anyway judging from reviews and previews I think its either ME or SMG. I'll cry if Halo 3 gets it :(

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

We will see how the other sites review it, the flaws in that do sound rather annoying but they may have been overexaggerated for effect. I will see what the majority say. No doubt i will buy this anyway but i was sincerely looking forward to this being a GREAT game.

Games i'm currently playing:

I think Ubi have done a great job with Assassins - but I never thought it had a chance at GOTY. Games like this promise so much - its almost inevitable they would let SOME people down.

The real mark of Galaxy (so far), is everyone is giving it high marks - there is basically nothing to complain about.

I hope to have some chance to play AC in the near future.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

When looking at a game on Gamerankings, I always look at the lowest review first. It's bound to see through the hype at least a little and get to why someone might not like the game in question.

Thanks to 1up's review, I know that AC isn't a game for me. I was expecting more, well, assassination from an assassination game, and apparently there's only 9 guys you have to kill.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

I doubt this will make game of the year.

The Gametrailers review shows that the game suffers from poor AI, and repetitive gameplay.

And also other problems like serious clipping, and terrain drawing in etc.

"It fails at nailing some fundamentals"

I want to play Assasins Creed but I don't think it'll win GOTY simply because according to the reviews, there are some real flaws within the game such as AI, Clipping, etc. I think it'll be the Orange Box because that's actually good, Halo 3 (Like how Gears won some GOTY awards simply because it was the game everyone had, or maybe Uncharted, we'll see how that game will get reviewed. My wild card is SMG or Mass Effect. ME is BASICALLY KOTOR with new charachter models, givena hi def remake... At it's core. The game still looks awesome, just that we've played it before.

Game of the Year this year will truely be deserving of whichever game wins it...

BioShock
Halo 3
Ratchet & Clank TOD
The Orange Box
Call of Duty 4
Probably Assassin's Creed
Probably Super Mario Galaxy
Probably Mass Effect
Probably Drake Unchartered

will all be in the running. I wouldn't want to be voting though... I would be switching about 6 times as I like each of those games for very different, but equally compelling reasons.

If Halo 3 wins, i will do absolutely -nothing- other than lose all faith with videogame awards forever. I have the annoying feeling that Halo 3 will get it because OMGZ it sold millions.

Games i'm currently playing:

To be honest, the 1up review is right. The AI is terrible (look at the gametrailers review) and the combat is too simple.

I'll take the case!!!