By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins Creed GOTY?

This game is pretty overlooked lately. With every new review I read (4 now - 100,100,96,95) I tend to believe it will trumple all competition out there. I think the most likely scenerio is the fight between AC, SMG, Bioshock and maybe Mass Effect and Uncharted. I think SMG and Uncharted has no chance here. The big asset of AC is freshness. Every title left on this list is great and it polish the genre but only one I would call fresh is AC. It looks like it's a complate package with stunning visuals, good storyline and great gameplay. Opposite to some posters I believe genre of the game means a lot. I think AC has much more chances than Mass Effect which is in more comfortable situation than Bioshock.

Did you spot the fact X360 ownes both Wii and PS3. Yeah me too. Good that most games have a  chance for a solid PS3 port (Bioshock, AC). Enjoy.

Around the Network

1 up doesn't agree with you

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164319&sec=REVIEWS

7/10

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Bioshock has no chance. Great game, but there are better out there this year. I think AC has a great chance. I know i'll be picking the game up eventually before '08. Maybe it is the Nintendo fanboy inside of me, but I think SMG will trump AC. In the pure fun factor (which is what I would base my GOTY on), I would have to say SMG with AC a close 2nd.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Neos said:
1 up doesn't agree with you

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164319&sec=REVIEWS

7/10

Wow. That's pretty disappointing.

I say ME is the only one left to beat SMG out of GOTY position now

Around the Network

Reviews so far

Yahoo Games 4.5/5
GameReactor 9/10
GamesRadar 10/10
Gamepro 5/5
Famitsu 37/40
Gametrailers 9.1
1up 7.0

i hate 1 up with a passion

Ari_Gold said:
Reviews so far

Yahoo Games 4.5/5
GameReactor 9/10
GamesRadar 10/10
Gamepro 5/5
Famitsu 37/40
Gametrailers 9.1
1up 7.0

no he actually points out all the flaws in the game while the rest runs the hype train

Ari_Gold said:
Reviews so far

This review definitely crosses out this game as a GOTY contender. Not because of the score but for pointing few pretty important issues. Personally I'm really hyped for this game cuz I like templars and stuff like this. Anyway people cried over lack of jump button and repetitivity in Heavenly Sword too. I don't find it annoying. 7 seems pretty low.

1up's review crosses out NOTHING. They gave Crysis an 8.0 along with Assassin's Creed 's 7.0. So do you think Crysis can't be GOTY now either solely because of 1up? Gamespot just gave it a 9.5 and IGN gave it a 9.4. If assassin's creed gets a 9 or higher on those sites what will you think then?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Gametrailers review is up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27616.html