Currently, the only game Nintendo has announced for the rest of the year is Pikmin 3 Deluxe. However, that is no reason to believe that they will not announce any more games for release this year. Even recently, games like Paper Mario: The Origami King, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, and Ring Fit Adventure were announced less than three months before their release on the Switch.
Here are My Thoughts on What the Three Games Can Be
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 100% Confirmed for an October release
- Bravely Default 2 - Was scheduled for a 2020 release, but that was a while ago
- Super Mario 3D World DX - Has been rumored, and could easily be developed by the same team that brought over Captain Toad
- 3D Mario Collection - Less Likely IMO, would involve renovating a bunch of very different games
- New Pokemon Snap - Pokemon Projects are usually launched less than a year after their public debut
- Bayonetta 3 - Unlikely, since Astral Chain (also from Platinum) was shown 6 months before its launch
- Something Unexpected - Ring Fit Adventure came from nowhere, so why can't another game?
September 4th Update
- September 18 - Super Mario 3D All-Stars
- October 16 - Mario Kart Live
- October 30 - Pikmin 3 Deluxe
- February 12 - Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Unless we get something new announced, I think I was right.
September 8th Update
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is coming November 20th. I was apparently being pessimistic.Last edited by Salnax - on 08 September 2020
Love and tolerate.