Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W7, 2020 (Feb 10 - Feb 16)

kenjab said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The market has been saying otherwise.  Given the choice most people are spending $100 extra (or equivalent) to get the full Switch version.  If they were basically the same, then people would be buying the cheaper model.  The market is telling us that the Lite version is the ghetto model.

No, the market is saying the full Switch is the better value. That doesn't mean the Lite is ghetto or shitty. It's simply the base model of a great console.  The fact that Lite sales spiked when the full Switch sold out bears that out.

To-MAY-to, To-MAH-to



Around the Network

This might turn well actually, if the shortages are not too long... I am sure that a significant amount of these 63000 Lite buyers could just not wait, and they will probably buy a OG switch when it is available again 3 months later.



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

People buying the Lite now because the base model ain't available? Also a way to get rid of those stocks, as unintentional as it is...



Nintendo said it moved some production to Thailand (I think it was Thailand) to reduce the impact of the Corona Virus. I'm wondering it was specifically the Switch Lite that was moved. Or is this just overstock getting cleared out?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

They moved some to Vietnam to avoid possible us sanctions/ tariffs on Chinese made products



Around the Network
Chicho said:

They moved some to Vietnam to avoid possible us sanctions/ tariffs on Chinese made products

That's it.  I couldn't remember which country specifically but Thailand kept coming to mind but you're correct, it was Vietnam.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo said it moved some production to Thailand (I think it was Thailand) to reduce the impact of the Corona Virus. I'm wondering it was specifically the Switch Lite that was moved. Or is this just overstock getting cleared out?

Yeah I think it's just overstock being cleared



PortisheadBiscuit said:
SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo said it moved some production to Thailand (I think it was Thailand) to reduce the impact of the Corona Virus. I'm wondering it was specifically the Switch Lite that was moved. Or is this just overstock getting cleared out?

Yeah I think it's just overstock being cleared

Damn they will miss their target for this fiscal year, because of the virus.



Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

What the fuck! I thought we will be reaching below 30k but the Switch Lite said NO!
Damn! People are thirsty for the Switch even if it is a Lite! This is certainly interesting



Pocky Lover Boy! 

No wonder I was suprised that they were releasing Coral Switch Lite. Seems like the Stock and Production for Switch Lite are doing fine.



Pocky Lover Boy!