Gameindustry.biz released an articles addressing sales of Pokemon Sw/Sh + Dual Edition:
- Pokémon Sword alone is the third biggest boxed game launch of 2019
- Last week ranking: Pokémon SW: 1st | Pokemon SH: 3rd | Dual Edition: 7th
- Combined together, the titles have secured the second biggest launch for Pokémon games in UK history
- 43% (including dual edition) more units than 2010's Black and White
- 64.6% (including dual edition) more units at launch than last year's Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
- 34.5% lower compared Sun/Moon (but Sun and Moon had 2 extra days of sales)
On another subject: Ring fit Adventure sales rose 36% (!!)
Also According to Benji-sales Sw/SH/Dual Edition outsold in one day what Let's go Pikachu/Eevee sold in 2 days in the US
- the game is tipped by many to have the highest initial sales for a mainline Pokemon game.
- Combined, the 3 editions could beat Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s sales record in the US (approx. 2m units according to VGChartz)
How many copies of Let's Go P/E were sold in the UK's 1st week?
Some updates from gameindustry.biz:
- Pokémon Sword and Shield become the fastest-selling Switch game so far.
- Pokemon SW/SH is actually the third biggest Nintendo launch in UK history, behind Wii Fit in second place and Pokémon Sun and Moon at No.1
- Switch hardware sales rose more than 30% and already rose 75% the week before
- 90,000 Switch machines have been sold in the UK so far this month.
- The 'normal' Switch console is driving sales, not Switch Lite
Last edited by Supermario28 - on 20 November 2019
- Switch is the best-selling console in the UK this year so far. Nintendo's machine is expected to end Sony's five year reign as the UK's No.1