Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 VGcharterz failure rate (updated: 2.5%-3.5% failure)

No problems so far. Running like a champ, other than 64 player conquest maps on bf4. I always DC. I just gave up on it until an update comes out.



 

Around the Network
ratchet426 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It seems that this is an Amazon related incident but the issues do seem to be every growing as the day passes... Maybe it was only the launch editions? Not sure whats happening but if the issues continue to grow after a week... there is clearly a major flaw in Sony's part... If they don't fix it quickly, there will be lawsuits and people will stop buying the system...

But here is a list of pretty much all legit CRITICAL issues that have happened on the ps4 so far:

http://videogamesandnews.com/ps4s-red-line-death-true/#comment-1124956827

We should also keep a track of the reviews from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=lp_6427871011_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1384662542&sr=1-1

The good and the bad reviews seem to go up

Right now, its about 34% (448 failed out of 1290 sold) failure rate (if the reviews are true) which is better than the 40% it was this morning... 

To be clear, that would be 34% _OF THE 1290 REVIEWS_ posted to Amazon, not 34% of all PS4's sold by Amazon. I would guess the 'sold' number is in the tens of thousands range, so that actual failure rate of the hardware is likely orders of magnitude lower than 34%

 

Yea... If I wanted to say "of all the ps4 that was sold by Amazon" I would state something like: Total Sales or 40% of ALL ps4's sold by amazon... Interesting how people misinterpreted what I said to that degree... I didn't think I had to state the obvious :/



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ratchet426 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It seems that this is an Amazon related incident but the issues do seem to be every growing as the day passes... Maybe it was only the launch editions? Not sure whats happening but if the issues continue to grow after a week... there is clearly a major flaw in Sony's part... If they don't fix it quickly, there will be lawsuits and people will stop buying the system...

But here is a list of pretty much all legit CRITICAL issues that have happened on the ps4 so far:

http://videogamesandnews.com/ps4s-red-line-death-true/#comment-1124956827

We should also keep a track of the reviews from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=lp_6427871011_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1384662542&sr=1-1

The good and the bad reviews seem to go up

Right now, its about 34% (448 failed out of 1290 sold) failure rate (if the reviews are true) which is better than the 40% it was this morning... 

To be clear, that would be 34% _OF THE 1290 REVIEWS_ posted to Amazon, not 34% of all PS4's sold by Amazon. I would guess the 'sold' number is in the tens of thousands range, so that actual failure rate of the hardware is likely orders of magnitude lower than 34%

 

Yea... If I wanted to say "of all the ps4 that was sold by Amazon" I would state something like: Total Sales or 40% of ALL ps4's sold by amazon... Interesting how people misinterpreted what I said to that degree... I didn't think I had to state the obvious :/

Not to nit-pick, but you DID actually state "448 failed out of 1290 *sold*" It's right there in yout original post.  I don't think I misinterpreted that (??)



Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ratchet426 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

The good and the bad reviews seem to go up

Right now, its about 34% (448 failed out of 1290 sold) failure rate (if the reviews are true) which is better than the 40% it was this morning... 

To be clear, that would be 34% _OF THE 1290 REVIEWS_ posted to Amazon, not 34% of all PS4's sold by Amazon. I would guess the 'sold' number is in the tens of thousands range, so that actual failure rate of the hardware is likely orders of magnitude lower than 34%

 

Yea... If I wanted to say "of all the ps4 that was sold by Amazon" I would state something like: Total Sales or 40% of ALL ps4's sold by amazon... Interesting how people misinterpreted what I said to that degree... I didn't think I had to state the obvious :/

The whole problem is based off the fact that you said "448 failed out of 1290 sold." So people aren't misinterpreting what you said. They are misinterpreting what you meant, but you did say it incorrectly. It should be "448 failed out of 1290 reviewed." Then what you said would be true and I don't think anyone would have a real problem with it. I believe the positive/negative ratio for reviews is very telling for products as well. Just word it better.

Edit: dang it, ratchet426 beat me to it. I always take to long to respond...



Went through the thread again to get things proper.

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
(44) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 2.27%
-----------------------

(19) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(63) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.59%.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Went through the thread again to get things proper.

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
(44) PS4 consoles on VGC with (1) casualty.

VGC PS4 failure rate = 2.27%
-----------------------

(19) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(63) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate 1.59%.


Thanks, was counting and ran into this post. I'll update.



ratchet426 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ratchet426 said:

To be clear, that would be 34% _OF THE 1290 REVIEWS_ posted to Amazon, not 34% of all PS4's sold by Amazon. I would guess the 'sold' number is in the tens of thousands range, so that actual failure rate of the hardware is likely orders of magnitude lower than 34%

 

Yea... If I wanted to say "of all the ps4 that was sold by Amazon" I would state something like: Total Sales or 40% of ALL ps4's sold by amazon... Interesting how people misinterpreted what I said to that degree... I didn't think I had to state the obvious :/

Not to nit-pick, but you DID actually state "448 failed out of 1290 *sold*" It's right there in yout original post.  I don't think I misinterpreted that (??)

Well... I guess I should have choose a better word but the way I was thinking is that... in the reviews, there were 1290 sold and out of the 1290 sold, 448 failed, but I never said that the total amount of ps4's that were sold by amazon was only 1290 because there is no way to know how much they actually sold, I was just referring to the amount of ps4's that were sold and got reviewed... So Maybe I should have choosen a better word but I thought it was obvious that amazon sold a lot more than just 1290...



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

weaveworld said:
Euphoria14 said:

Went through the thread again to get things proper.

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
(44) PS4 consoles on VGC with (1) casualty.

VGC PS4 failure rate = 2.27%
-----------------------

(19) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(63) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate 1.59%.


Thanks, was counting and ran into this post. I'll update.

No problem. I cleaned it up a bit though to make things clearer.

 

(44) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 2.27%
-----------------------

(19) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friends with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(63) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.59%.

 

 

 

 

Anyways, back to playing Contrast. I am actually enjoying this game very much.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:

I don't think Rol has ever bought a non-Nintendo console. At least in recent years. Come on, it's Rol, he is just doing what he does best.

Plus, he is Austrian, and they don't get PS4s until the 29th. Some might say he could've imported, but it really isn't possible to get your PS4 imported within a day or two from America to Austria. 

Not to mention that I said I bought Knack.


Thanks for clearing that up then.

 

 

47 PS4 total on VGC with 1 casualty.

Failure rate 2.13%

that would bring the total down to 45 PS4's, right? with one casualty.

so 2.22% failure rate



Euphoria14 said:

Went through the thread again to get things proper.

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
(44) VGC members with a PS4 and (1) casualty.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 2.27%
-----------------------

(19) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(63) total PS4 reported on VGC with (1) casualty.

Total failure rate = 1.59%.


great work.