Quantcast
When will the 4th REAL Mario game release? UPDATED!!!!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the 4th REAL Mario game release? UPDATED!!!!

When will the 4th REAL Mario game release?

Wii-U launch 2012 15 18.99%
 
2013-2015 28 35.44%
 
2015-2020 4 5.06%
 
2020-2031 4 5.06%
 
2032. 23 years after the last one. 27 34.18%
 
Total:78

1985

 

1988

 

2009

 

SMB 2 wasn't a Mario game. Lost Levels was SMB-b, expansion pack. Super Mario World was SMB 3b, a Yoshi expansion pack.

 

Rules

Spinoffs including 3D Mario don't count, we all know the N64 should have had 4 player Mario instead of 3D gimmickry.

NSMBWiib will not count as a new Mario game just as World and Lost levels doesn't count. NSMB Wii with 3D gimmickry will not count as a new Mario game.

Gimped handheld versions that should never have been made or should have used a different IP don't count.

So when will the new REAL Mario game release?



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

This is quite the strange thread, so I guess I'll say real Mario games include Super mario 64 and super mario sunshine and many others.



           

blkfish92 said:
This is quite the strange thread, so I guess I'll say real Mario games include Super mario 64 and super mario sunshine and many others.


3D gimmickry and spinoffs don't count. CDi Mario doesn't count either.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

What about NSMB Ds?



"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Your reason for not including SMW is ridiculous. I can live with SMB2, Lost Levels and SMW2 not counting.



 

 

 

Around the Network
homer said:
What about NSMB Ds?


"Gimped handheld versions that should never have been made or should have used a different IP don't count."



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

NSMB DS released before NSMB Wii.

NSMB Wii is the 4th, going by your definition.



Level1Death said:
Your reason for not including SMW is ridiculous. I can live with SMB2, Lost Levels and SMW2 not counting.


World is a Yoshi Island prequel, not a Mario sequel.

More puzzle than platformer.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
homer said:
What about NSMB Ds?


"Gimped handheld versions that should never have been made or should have used a different IP don't count."

Given how well the market responded to NSMB, i think your opinion is invalid here



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Carl2291 said:
NSMB DS released before NSMB Wii.

NSMB Wii is the 4th, going by your definition.


If it would have used 4 player instead of being a SMB 3 update I might agree.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!