Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii 2: Huge Amount Of Project Cafe Information Supposedly Leaked

superchunk said:
Mr Khan said:

NSMBWii launched in November. NSMB didn't, but the Wii one did

... :/ then what the hell am I thinking of? I know there was a big Nintendo IP recently that launched in like March. Mario Kart?

Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit and Super Smash Bros Brawl all alunched in the US in the early to mid spring of 2008.



The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

I don't know if it's real, but I've been looking for a good reason to post this .gif:

How many hardcore gamers do you think feel this way about Nintendo right now?

If all this is true though, I wonder what the price will be...


LOL!!! damn I didn't know i gif could go on for that long



Viper1 said:
superchunk said:
Mr Khan said:

NSMBWii launched in November. NSMB didn't, but the Wii one did

... :/ then what the hell am I thinking of? I know there was a big Nintendo IP recently that launched in like March. Mario Kart?

Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit and Super Smash Bros Brawl all alunched in the US in the early to mid spring of 2008.

True, I can still remember those threats asking what would sell more, Mario Kart or GTA IV.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Can't wait! No plans for tomorrow, just gonna sit here and watch :D



YNWA

kopstudent89 said:
Can't wait! No plans for tomorrow, just gonna sit here and watch :D


lol me too. I'll be taking tomorrow off work so I can recap any shows I missed today and of course watch Nintendo's live.



Around the Network
superchunk said:
Mr Khan said:
superchunk said:
NJ5 said:
superchunk said:
Khuutra said:
Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.


Oh this better not be true.


Why not?

Nintendo IPs will sell bajillions regardless of launch date. Therefore, hand them out in spring/summer and let the 3rd parties have their way during holidays. Makes sense to me and it should help 3rd parties since the biggest dog in the room is out. Kinda sad though that Nintendo is so damn good they have to leave the entire holiday time frame just to allow others some space.


Nintendo IPs sell well, true. But will the Nintendo console sell as well as it could during the holidays without big Nintendo games to back it up?

It will sell fine. If you notice the rumors also state Nintendo's next console, like the 3DS, launched in pre-summer vs the holidays. The reason for this is so they could launch with their own big IPs and have something in plentiful capacity come holidays.

NSMBWii launched outside of the holidays and it sold record levels that following holiday. Same would happen with any big Nintendo IP. Basically, the game that came out earlier will still be big, just not overshadowing a 3rd party title as normal.

NSMBWii launched in November. NSMB didn't, but the Wii one did

... :/ then what the hell am I thinking of? I know there was a big Nintendo IP recently that launched in like March. Mario Kart?

In this generation there's been Galaxy 2 in May 2010, Mario Kart in April 2008, Brawl in March 2008 (in the US anyway). I think Wii Fit hung out somewhere in like May too...



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:


Even for a 3D one?

A man who's trudged through a desert for days will drink warm mineral water if it's offered. No Nintendo system has launched with an original Mario platformer since the N64. At this point, I'm happy with baby steps in the right direction.



superchunk said:
NJ5 said:
superchunk said:
Khuutra said:
Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.


Oh this better not be true.


Why not?

Nintendo IPs will sell bajillions regardless of launch date. Therefore, hand them out in spring/summer and let the 3rd parties have their way during holidays. Makes sense to me and it should help 3rd parties since the biggest dog in the room is out. Kinda sad though that Nintendo is so damn good they have to leave the entire holiday time frame just to allow others some space.


Nintendo IPs sell well, true. But will the Nintendo console sell as well as it could during the holidays without big Nintendo games to back it up?

It will sell fine. If you notice the rumors also state Nintendo's next console, like the 3DS, launched in pre-summer vs the holidays. The reason for this is so they could launch with their own big IPs and have something in plentiful capacity come holidays.

NSMBWii launched outside of the holidays and it sold record levels that following holiday. Same would happen with any big Nintendo IP. Basically, the game that came out earlier will still be big, just not overshadowing a 3rd party title as normal.





The screen won't be in the controller. It's going to be goggles like the Virtual Boy except it won't be Red LED's and the 6 inch screen will look like a 60 inch HD screen when wearing them. Surprised you guys haven't figured that out already.



Formerly known as LuStaysTru but that was back when I still knew my password.

That's fake.. but anyway..